Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Iowa - Tuesday, 2/28/23 @ 7:00 on ESPN2

5 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Wow wtf happened, in a nutshell? Was out and, I guess thankfully, had to miss the game. Why no JG? Injury? How did we curb stomped in the Hall by a team that can’t play D?

JG in a boot.  Willing to bet his foot has never properly healed which is why he has only been playing spot minutes since he first hurt it.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I think the staff has already told people and players that Geronimo, Bates and Duncomb are not Big Ten starters. Build around Renau, Banks and Gunn plus the portal 

Tonight however had nothing to do with the above.  This is a no excuses @$$ kicking at home because we were not prepared for battle!

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

JG in a boot.  Willing to bet his foot has never properly healed which is why he has only been playing spot minutes since he first hurt it.

That’s too bad, and yeah he hasn’t run or gone up for boards the same after the injury. That boot seems to haunt IU

Just now, normandale97 said:

It’s amazing to me that people watch Banks and say this. 

I grew up watching basketball when freshmen didn't play.  He has the tools for a great 4 year player!

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Would think 5 or 6 depending on BTT.

But honestly, you have most likely have  to beat a top 25 type in the second round regardless if you are a 3, 4, 5, or 6 seed.

Yeah and this year is wide open, the parity is just nuts

Woodson will be better when he finds that unlike the NBA, you can’t lose your next game and things be ok. Once he finds the right buttons to push after big, emotional wins, the team culture elevates more. 

Right now, the team doesn’t know how to sustain momentum. Now I would like to see them win the B1G tour because they will be forced to learn. 

3 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

Tonight however had nothing to do with the above.  This is a no excuses @$$ kicking at home because we were not prepared for battle!

It’s not surprising. Woodson said at the shoot around that we’re laughing and joking too much. Team didn’t listen.

Just now, Chris007 said:

It’s not surprising. Woodson said at the shoot around that we’re laughing and joking too much. Team didn’t listen.

This is good to know and sort of invalidates my earlier point about coach needing to know what buttons to push after a big, emotional win. 

Sounds like this one is on the players and maybe whoever had scout, unless it really was that poorly executed. That may be the case considering how they came out of halftime.