Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Iowa - Tuesday, 2/28/23 @ 7:00 on ESPN2

I wouldn't call it apathy, rather just kind of an understanding that our season is winding down and the dye has mostly been cast at this point.

Games like these reinforce why I project to next season and worry. Our backups/next year players are sloppy and unprepared. It’s really bad. Reneau and Galloway are worthy starters on a good team. We need to find 3 starters in the TP. Definitely attainable. And about 3 backups too. Woody better back up the Brinks trunk.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m getting tired of this program. 20+ years now of soft, coddled teams. This program doesn’t deserve its fans. Seriously. The way this program has been run, it deserves Iowa-like support. 

This program doesn’t deserve the fans that make the administrators and coaches and players all wealthy by paying for tickets and merch and viewership. 

Fran never left Francon 9 tonight. Kris Murray drills open 3 after open 3 to start the game. We are down 12 before we even consider defending. TJD played with effort. The rest of the crew didn’t show up. No energy, no gameplan, no execution. And that’s why we got drilled by 25. Gotta get better defensive effort early in the games that matter more.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

What’s sad and I didn’t want to post this at the beginning of the game…is the fact when Jalen took and missed the three for his first shot of the game after his comments postgame against PU and Murray buried a three I felt it was going to be a much tougher game than anticipated. Even then, this late in the season and from what we HAVE seen, I was not prepared to see the team get curb-stomped at home. 

Gut check. 

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I can't get over the fact that Woodson is 3-1 against Matt Painter and 0-4 against freaking Fran McCaffery. 

The Murray’s are just a tough matchup for us. 

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Games like these reinforce why I project to next season and worry. Our backups/next year players are sloppy and unprepared. It’s really bad. Reneau and Galloway are worthy starters on a good team. We need to find 3 starters in the TP. Definitely attainable. And about 3 backups too. Woody better back up the Brinks trunk.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I think the staff has already told people and players that Geronimo, Bates and Duncomb are not Big Ten starters. Build around Renau, Banks and Gunn plus the portal