Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Iowa - Tuesday, 2/28/23 @ 7:00 on ESPN2

Worried about this one after the big win Saturday.
I'm actually not. For one Woody is probably still pissed about the whole rescinded tech so he'll be ready. Also I'm guessing the players are pissed about how they let that one get away. I expect a focused effort Tuesday and IU to win by 8+ points. Michigan worries me more than Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m ready for a Fran Flip-Out as we go on a 15 point run. Damn, I hate that baby….  

apparently there is another young McCaffrey coming up so he’s got a long tenure left.  

honestly think the B1G needs to talk to him. It’s plain ridiculous. 

There’s another McCaffery??? Oh goodie

An X sighting would be awesome but I’m not banking on it. 

I’d like to see a get-right game for TJD. For his own confidence and mindset moving into the postseason. 

As we’ve struggled somewhat to find our other scorers, getting another good game out of Kopp and Galloway would be great. Kinda galvanize that starting lineup. 

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

An X sighting would be awesome but I’m not banking on it. 

I’d like to see a get-right game for TJD. For his own confidence and mindset moving into the postseason. 

As we’ve struggled somewhat to find our other scorers, getting another good game out of Kopp and Galloway would be great. Kinda galvanize that starting lineup. 

Requisite pregame graphic:

98AC7F3E-4904-4276-9DB7-E83E85441F83.jpeg

I don't see it as a getting right game for TJD. For me I didn't think he played badley on Saturday. He might not have scored well but he did get 10-8-7 and never forced his shots

Just now, Scotty R said:

I don't see it as a getting right game for TJD. For me I didn't think he played badley on Saturday. He might not have scored well but he did get 10-8-7 and never forced his shots

Well you got me before I edited because Olivia already posted the graphic…

Gonna disagree with you, Scott! TJD has regressed from sensational to pretty good. He wasn’t running the floor and fighting for position for high percentage shots. We didn’t see that electric first step or series of emphatic dunks. Maybe he’s fatigued in some way? I don’t know. I’d just love to see the return of dominant Trayce. If it doesn’t re-emerge until NCAA tourney, fine. But the dude deserves a good ending. 

Tonight's radio show.

Says Johnson will not play Tuesday against Iowa.  Said there is a chance that Xavier Johnson can still play this season. They are waiting for the final approval from the doctors and the IU medical staff. Confirmed he will NOT play tomorrow vs Iowa.

Don Fischer reading off Trayce Jackson-Davis' records and how he likely will not be able to catch Steve Alford & Calbert Cheaney in the scoring unless he comes back for a 5th year of eligibility. Woodson: "Well you want me to ask him to come back?" Fischer: "Absolutely!"

Woodson on Trayce Jackson-Davis' play at Purdue: "The beauty about it is, Trayce didn't try to force anything...he just sacrificed his game." Said Trayce was real active in the huddles about seeing things that Indiana was also seeing on the sidelines.

Mike Woodson says he primarily stuck with his starters against Purdue because “you just can’t have any miscues”.

Mike Woodson on winning at Purdue: "It was very, very special. Just like it is hard to win in Bloomington, it is hard to win at Purdue....I am proud of our guys." On Jalen Hood-Schifino: "That damn freshman we got is pretty damn good"

As Mike Woodson was signing off the show, he gave a special shoutout to Indiana women's head coach Teri Moren and the women's team on winning the Big Ten Championship. "They've had a hell of season. I couldn't be more proud of those ladies."