Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Iowa - Tuesday, 2/28/23 @ 7:00 on ESPN2

3 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Chances of an X in-game sighting Tuesday night?

<25% / 25%-50% / 50%-75% / 75%<? 

I'd vote 50%-75% he gets some minutes. Ultimately, I'm hoping he's eased back in as the first guard off the bench and takes mostly Bates' minutes or any extra minutes from JHS/Galloway in foul trouble. 

Iowa can put up a ton of points quickly. When they do they’re tough to beat (14-1 when scoring 80 points). Otoh, if they’re not clicking they kind of roll over. I suspect this will be a tough game for us. We’ll need the offense to have a good game and not go through 5-7min stretches of not scoring a FG. 

Unofficial Injury depth report:

Starters:

6’8 220 F Kris Murray (20.2 PPG, obviously their best player, dropped 30 points in the first matchup)

6’9 230 F Fillip Rebecca (Averages around 14 PPG, good player for the Hawkeyes)

6’4 205 G Tony Perkins (Very streaky shooter)

6’3 190 G Ahron Ulis (One of the better passers on the floor, and doesn’t commit too many turnovers)

6’6 215 G Connor McCaffery (Brings a lot of of experience to Iowa, passing skills are very good)

Seems like a lot of their starters have been playing very heavy minutes in the last 5-7 games. A lot of them around playing around 33+ minutes or more in their games and some are fouling pretty crazy. However it has worked, as Iowa is one of the best offenses in the country and just recently dropped 112 points against a solid MSU defense. While Iowa’s defense is just chilling around and has giving up more than 80 points a couple of times this month. They do average around 7 steals a game and turns the ball over around 10 per game. Their free throw percentage is fairly good too at around 74%. While Iowa is averaging around 77.7 points per game in offensive, they are also giving up 77.0 points per game. Very good chance this will be a high scoring affair.

Looking at their bench, they usually like to play about 7-8 players off the bench. The 2 names I see the most that play quality minutes is 6’7 215 F Payton Standfort (averaging 10.0 PPG and 20.7 MPG) and 6’9 210 F Patrick McCaffery (Averaging about 10 PPG, took time off). Another player that comes off the bench is 6’5 190 Josh Dix. I do see 6’11 245 C Riley Mulvey coming off the bench for this game.

Injury Report:

6’10 275 Josh Ogundele- hasn’t played in in a few weeks

They have 2 players medically redshirting this year 

1 hour ago, jbeaman9 said:

Chances of X getting playing time minutes Tuesday night?

<25% / 25%-50% / 50%-75% / 75%<? 

.00000000000000000000000000000000000001%              I mean, there's always a chance.

3 hours ago, str8baller said:

Iowa can put up a ton of points quickly. When they do they’re tough to beat (14-1 when scoring 80 points). Otoh, if they’re not clicking they kind of roll over. I suspect this will be a tough game for us. We’ll need the offense to have a good game and not go through 5-7min stretches of not scoring a FG. 

Iowa's home and road splits are incredible.

Home 89ppg 

Road 67 ppg

1 hour ago, BGVille Hoosierfan said:

Hearing things from Peegs that X will indeed be dressing tomorrow. Whether he plays or not, who knows.

Screw this week. Screw the B1G tournament. Thanks to the resume that IU has already put together those are now just dress rehearsals. 

Race is starting to look much more physically complete. If we can get X back and completely healthy for March Madness?

OHHHH BOYYYYYY

1 hour ago, BGVille Hoosierfan said:

Hearing things from Peegs that X will indeed be dressing tomorrow. Whether he plays or not, who knows.

Woody just said the other day X hasn't even been practicing. Can't imagine any scenario where he hits the floor after this lengthy injury without practicing.