Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Purdue: 2/25 @7:30 on FOX

20 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Good for them. Nobody will know who they are in 50 years.  Cashing big checks doesn’t forge you a legacy. Hopefully Woodson can add another chapter to his

Didn’t say anything about a legacy.  Just a lot of money especially A.M. for what production was produced….

6 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Completely different situations

His offensive ups and downs this season have little to do with where he'll be drafted. His measurables and potential have him safely in the first round and possibly a lottery pick. 

Where did Langford get drafted? 14th? A shooting guard that didn't show much in the shooting department.

JHS would be one hell of a sophomore. The chances of that happening is on par with Josh making the PGA tour.

If he is not guaranteed to be a lottery pick, which he isn’t right now, he will come back because if he gets drafted late 1st round, he could have to go to the G League and he will make less money than he would at IU with NIL money

14 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

If he is not guaranteed to be a lottery pick, which he isn’t right now, he will come back because if he gets drafted late 1st round, he could have to go to the G League and he will make less money than he would at IU with NIL money

If you're a first round pick you're getting first round money regardless of whether the team sends you to their G League affiliate. 

I agree jhs could go pro. But the advice will be to stay and build his craft to be a top pick. He will choose that path and it could be 3 years imo. NIL Woodson advice and team continuity my source lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

How much do you think IU/collectives are dishing out in NIL money for JHS? It's nice to dream that IU could match an NBA salary but we're discussing reality here. He wouldn't be close to making the same amount of money at IU as he would as a first round draft pick.

To be fair…I’m not sure there is a fan base that complains or flat out blames the officials more than the Indiana fan base. Lol. 
I'm around Illini fans every day. They blame officiating for almost every loss. It's why I call them Iwhini fans

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If you're a first round pick you're getting first round money regardless of whether the team sends you to their G League affiliate. 

To add on, the last pick of the 1st round this year gets guaranteed between $3-4.5 mn. over 2 years. 15th pick gets between $5-7.5 mn.

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale

6 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Please tell me how the situations between Cody Zeller and JHS are the same.

Romeo is still playing in the NBA 4 (?) years later and has made quite a lot of money. JHS is a more complete player with just as much upside. There will be several teams willing to taking him in the first round and continue his development.

Stay in school making limited money while having to attend classes and such or go to the NBA where you make more, your life is about developing, and have access to world class coaches and staff to develop. Up top we both know the obvious choice, a foot lower and we both would love a sophomore year.

Idk.  I would question “world class” coaching.  Lots of bad in the NBA.  Also, Romeo is basically a part time player in the NBA.  That’s fine if you’re about being a pro and cashing a check.   On the other hand, being BMOC is kinda fun too.  

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

I agree jhs could go pro. But the advice will be to stay and build his craft to be a top pick. He will choose that path and it could be 3 years imo. NIL Woodson advice and team continuity my source lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

As a first round pick he will make 2-3 mil a year. There is no way we have that kind of money for NIL

46 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

As a first round pick he will make 2-3 mil a year. There is no way we have that kind of money for NIL

See the post by @LIHoosier above. At least $3M. So your point stands, but you're underestimating how much he'd make.

I would love to see JHS back at IU next season. But, being a realist, that's not happening. I think the injury to XJ accelerated Jalen's skill set. He has grown so much during the course of the season after becoming the primary point guard. He is the real deal. And, more importantly, it's mental as much as physical. As an aside, the mid range game is not obsolete. We just beat Purdue in Mackey because JHS has that skill. I would be beyond shocked to see him at IU next year. He will be a CMW recruiting tool going forward.

I think JHS is gone. But it’s also important to note that the NBA isn’t about the first contract it’s about putting yourself in a great position to contribute enough to warrant a second legit contract.

That’s what Cody did and it worked for him.  Maybe he could have snagged two more contracts after his rookie deal leaving after 1 year.  But maybe not  maybe his PER his rookie year is single digits deemed too much of a project and gets forgotten about  

10 hours ago, normandale97 said:

To be fair…I’m not sure there is a fan base that complains or flat out blames the officials more than the Indiana fan base. Lol. 

Oh I don't know about that. Go take a tour of Purdoo fansites. There were some complaining about yesterday's game. I wish I was kidding. 

This talk about JHS leaving early is 50/50 in my opinion. This is the advantage of Woodson being well connected to the NBA. Hopefully NBA scouts will be fair and honest with him and he hopefully has good people around to confirm or deny that information.  Personally I think he should come back. Someone made the argument that you go in early to play for the second contract. That's true but you also need playing minutes so that people can give you that contract. Playing minutes is hard to come by for players even chosen from pick 16 to the end of the first round.  If he goes to a final four and dominates then yeah he's probably going to be a top 10 pick and should leave but if he's inconsistent he should stay so he has a better chance to be in that draft range so he can get more playing time.   

I may have missed it but BTown put out a graphic of the IU-PU rivalry years ago broken down by decades since 1940. PUke had a 51-11 advantage pre 1940 but IU is +7 since then. They talk about Dusty Banners but their series advantage was gained before the year IU won their first Natty! Is there a updated one????

33 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

This talk about JHS leaving early is 50/50 in my opinion. This is the advantage of Woodson being well connected to the NBA. Hopefully NBA scouts will be fair and honest with him and he hopefully has good people around to confirm or deny that information.  Personally I think he should come back. Someone made the argument that you go in early to play for the second contract. That's true but you also need playing minutes so that people can give you that contract. Playing minutes is hard to come by for players even chosen from pick 16 to the end of the first round.  If he goes to a final four and dominates then yeah he's probably going to be a top 10 pick and should leave but if he's inconsistent he should stay so he has a better chance to be in that draft range so he can get more playing time.   

What is the difference between the 10th and 11th pick?

39 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

95+% if I had to venture a guess.

34 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What is the difference between the 10th and 11th pick?

It depends on the draft year but honestly there's also a little bit of politics when it comes to playing a top ten pick because a front office doesn't want to look like fools at first so they typically play. I just don’t want JHS to be in a situation and be drafted by a team like my Knicks in the later rounds. Obi Toppin (8th pick taken) deserves more playing time and deserved more development time. But we have Tom Tibadeu (sp) as our coach and only plays established players.   There are a lot of Coaches in the NBA that only care about winning now (to preserve their contracts)and really don't want to develop players. When you're a top 5-10 ( guaranteed top 5 at least) you typically forced by management to play the kid.  But even at 8 Obi Toppin will have to play somewhere else to get a good contract.