Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Purdue: 2/25 @7:30 on FOX

16 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Not to be that guy, but, .... we kind of overcame the officiating last night and still won somewhat comfortably. 

That foul disparity was no joke. The free throw shooting disparity was no joke. 

Obviously an IU win didn't fit the B10's ideal narrative... and we still punched them in the mouth and got a win

Just imagine what we could do IF we ever had a game we didn't need to overcome the officiating?!

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

So if you had these stats before tip-off yesterday how confident would you be in a relatively comfortable IU win?

IU outrebounded 46-30.

PU FT advantage 33-12

TJD scoreless in the first half, finishes with 10pts.

IU has 2 bench points. 

I'd have guessed a 20 pt loss, easily!

Before the game I posted I thought PU would kill us on the boards and probably at the charity stripe.

I then said I thought if we ended up between 2-5 points of PU that it would be an impressive showing in their house.

One out of two aint bad, right - hahaha :)

42 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Not to be that guy, but, .... we kind of overcame the officiating last night and still won somewhat comfortably. 

Obviously an IU win didn't fit the B10's ideal narrative... and we still punched them in the mouth and got a win

And the whining from the Purdue bench every time they did get called gets old quick 

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

JHS is gone. At worst he's a first round pick but could easily see him in the lottery.

Probably but not necessarily. He absolutely is a first rounder but he’s not a lottery guy (at this point).
Kind of like Cody’s frosh season - he came back despite a clear 1st round pick bc he could better his game and draft position (and he wanted to see what IU could do if he came back). 
Jalen has the benefit of Woodson’s direct feedback about his chances / likely playing time etc if he goes. That’s invaluable. He’ll test waters and get the pro feedback and then he’ll be able to work through it with Woodson’s NBA coaching exp and connections.
On top of that, unlike Cody etc, he’ll have good NIL money if he stays.

I personally think, bc of his several games of off play, the inconsistency, another year would do well to prepare him for the NBA grind and talent level. He has the game, but he can grow it to improve his position and with that a good chance to lengthen his NBA career.

If he goes though that will likely reflect he got strong feedback from both the NBA guys and Woodson. 

Let’s take care of business against Iowa. Then somehow by some crazy break in the universe Northwestern will be the only team Woodson hasn’t beaten. 
I hope we can just beat the holy hell outta Iowa. Fran is a nutcase and I think he's been one so often for so long that the league just says..
that's Fran and that's how he is so it must be accepted.

Sent from my SM-S901U using BtownBanners mobile app

15 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

And the whining from the Purdue bench every time they did get called gets old quick 

To be fair…I’m not sure there is a fan base that complains or flat out blames the officials more than the Indiana fan base. Lol. 

1 hour ago, TeeterInNJ said:

That's one of the first things I looked for in the box score. The disparity is ridiculous and the league has to notice. They can't be that blind.

1 hour ago, jonz44 said:

I hope we can just beat the holy hell outta Iowa. Fran is a nutcase and I think he's been one so often for so long that the league just says..
that's Fran and that's how he is so it must be accepted.

Sent from my SM-S901U using BtownBanners mobile app

One thing I will say for dirty cop ref is he would have T’d McCafferey there because he T’s people for everything.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Just imagine what we could do IF we ever had a game we didn't need to overcome the officiating?!

We’ve had those games.  But they are always at home…..because Big Ten.    We had a friendly whistle against Michigan State in Bloomington although I don’t think that was the difference in the game.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don't see it. He plays with his hands on defense too much and when he attempts to use his body he makes it too obvious. He still needs to learn the Big 1.o defense of hands back and putting your body through the offensive player. Hopefully he'll come back next season with a better understanding and ability of how to do this.

That’s why Race starts and gets more minutes.  We haven’t really been hurt by Reneau’s foul problems when his role is 15 minutes per game

12 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I didn't want the 4 seed in the Big 1.o tourney but that might be our best route to championship game. Although, they could end up the 2 seed if they keep playing the way they have been.

All about matchups.  I haven’t looked at the standings or possibilities but I do know the team I want to avoid is Michigan.