Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Purdue: 2/25 @7:30 on FOX

43 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

What’s even more odd is that, at least to me, once we got up 6 early in the second half I never really felt like we were in danger of losing. Just an odd game. Our guards completely dominated Purdue’s. 

100% spot on.  My brother’s plane landed at 5 pm in Indy for a week long visit.  First game we’ve got to watch together in about 20 years.  Midway in the 2nd half he said, I have no idea how we are winning (meaning due to the stats).  I agreed and said but yet I don’t feel like we’re in danger of losing.  

40 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jalen Hood-Schifino in two wins vs Purdue this season: 51 points on 22-of-39 from the floor in 71 minutes.

May be an image of 1 person and playing a sport

Hell of a game JHS!

For once in your life, here's your miracle 
Stand up and fight 
(This is it) !!
Make no mistake where you are 
(This is it)!!    K Loggins

Still can't get over last night. Man it feels good to sweep those guys. I really dislike Mason Gillis and it makes me really happy to know he got his @$$ handed to him in front of his home fans by their rivals. 

This season has had its ups and downs, but yesterday's game is the kind that makes you believe this team can make a run in March.

• That they won without TJD's normal productivity is so impressive.
  • Will miss JHS terribly but will be fun to root him on in the NBA. No other way to put his play last night than "man amongst boys" he could do whatever he wanted on the court, for the most part. 
  • Trey had possibly the best game of his career? He and Miller are great guys to have in your rotation. Winners. 
  • Curious to see if the officiating being different helps Reneau avoid some foul trouble in the post season. He's got to knock off the freshman boneheaded mistakes. We need him and Race to be better (like they've shown they can be).
  • JG and TB should spend all summer in the film room, weight room, and practice court. If they were where they should be right now, this team would be scary.
  • I'll never stop wondering "what if?" about XJ's injury this year. Really feel for the guy, you know he wants to be out there and he'd add so much to this team. 

Hope we can finish strong to lock in a 3 seed and make a deep run in the big dance, then bring in a strong haul from the portal.

We definitely CAN go past the S16, but WILL we? A lot depends on match ups, staying healthy, etc.

But last night shows we've got a fighting chance. Woodson continues to win me over.  

2 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:
  • Curious to see if the officiating being different helps Reneau avoid some foul trouble in the post season. He's got to knock off the freshman boneheaded mistakes. We need him and Race to be better (like they've shown they can be).

I don't see it. He plays with his hands on defense too much and when he attempts to use his body he makes it too obvious. He still needs to learn the Big 1.o defense of hands back and putting your body through the offensive player. Hopefully he'll come back next season with a better understanding and ability of how to do this.

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don't see it. He plays with his hands on defense too much and when he attempts to use his body he makes it too obvious. He still needs to learn the Big 1.o defense of hands back and putting your body through the offensive player. Hopefully he'll come back next season with a better understanding and ability of how to do this.

This year playing against TJD every day in practice is/was his best chance to learn.

hopefully he excels more in volume mins next yer

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

This year playing against TJD every day in practice is/was his best chance to learn.

hopefully he excels more in volume mins next yer

Having him develop his shot and bringing in running rim protecting big to play alongside him would be helpful. Best thing about (most) freshmen is they become sophomores.

11 hours ago, str8baller said:

Conservatively he has 2 home games next week. Let’s say we go 1-1 in the BTT. That is 4 games in two weeks. And if we’re the 3/4 seed, assuming we win that’s 5 games in about 19-20 days before he HAS to hit 100% for the toughest tourney games.

That’s doable. It’s cutting it close and not something I’m relying on. But technically he could do it.

That’s a big if, and that’s if he returns Tuesday.  Personally, I don’t see him returning at all, IMO.  Last I heard, he still not doing contact 

What a great morning.  No better feeling than beating those turds especially at their place.  

However, this was a game that showed the one dimensional game of TJD.  If he had any outside shot at all it wouldn’t have been close.  Many times he as left open at the FT line and tried to dribble instead of taking the open shot.  

We also need the bench to provide something.  It’s been god awful the past few weeks.  

Kopp should have dunked that last shot.  :)

Let’s finish strong.  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

What a great morning.  No better feeling than beating those turds especially at their place.  

However, this was a game that showed the one dimensional game of TJD.  If he had any outside shot at all it wouldn’t have been close.  Many times he as left open at the FT line and tried to dribble instead of taking the open shot.  

We also need the bench to provide something.  It’s been god awful the past few weeks.  

Let’s finish strong.  

More than likely a layup:)

4 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Someone already mentioned it, but it’s so true. Race was huge on Edey that second half….he was giving maximum effort. 

Some of Woodys plays out of timeouts were just excellent. His sets are improving. Really grown as a college coach this year…and that’s freaking just as exciting as the team growing. 

Yes and the timeout where we were late in the shot clock and TDJ had the ball away from the basket was huge. That was gonna be a bad shot or turnover and we get a JHS jumper out of the timeout

17 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Let’s finish strong.  

If Race Thompson had an outside shot, this game wouldn't have been close. 

Which is exactly the recipe the women have, comparatively. 

Not to be that guy, but, .... we kind of overcame the officiating last night and still won somewhat comfortably. 

That foul disparity was no joke. The free throw shooting disparity was no joke. 

Obviously an IU win didn't fit the B10's ideal narrative... and we still punched them in the mouth and got a win

4 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Not to be that guy, but, .... we kind of overcame the officiating last night and still won somewhat comfortably. 

That foul disparity was no joke. The free throw shooting disparity was no joke. 

Obviously an IU win didn't fit the B10's ideal narrative... and we still punched them in the mouth and got a win

Also, sweeping the Toiletmakers any year, regardless, is good.