Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Purdue: 2/25 @7:30 on FOX

10 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

No way we’re a 7. We’re borderline 3 right now

Disagree we are with 3 right now. We should win the last 2 games. But I agree we could end up be a 3 with a good showing in the B10 championship. We are 4-8 vs Q1 teams. Best ranked D1 team with 9 losses, so we are already fortunate. ESPN had us #5 before a WLW week. I'd say we are #4 now. 

15 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You literally saying nothing to counter the point 

Their schedule overall is a cakewalk. It was especially easy their first 10 games. They went 9-1 in that time. They are 4-4 since they started playing decent teams consistently. That’s the resume of an ok team. Not great team. 

They are the product of tackle basketball exclusive to the big ten and cakewalk schedule. Reverse their schedule they aren’t even in the discussion for a number 1 seed. Their season is collapsing from what they thought it could be. 

They've improved. Like IU. 

I enjoy that you've been more optimistic this year, but you're still trollish sometimes.

Did you forget when PU beat both Zags and Duke by 15+ early. I know Duke isn't elite, but still top 30ish in NET, and Zag is 10ish now.. 

56 minutes ago, Southside said:

Disagree we are with 3 right now. We should win the last 2 games. But I agree we could end up be a 3 with a good showing in the B10 championship. We are 4-8 vs Q1 teams. Best ranked D1 team with 9 losses, so we are already fortunate. ESPN had us #5 before a WLW week. I'd say we are #4 now. 

First of all, we’re 5-8 in Q1 games now thank you very much.

Second of all, he said we are a borderline 3, but he was mostly disagreeing with you putting us as a possible 7 seed. If you would have said 4-6 it’d be reasonable but we’re not going to be a 7 seed.

1 minute ago, HoosierX said:

First of all, we’re 5-8 in Q1 games now thank you very much.

Second of all, he said we are a borderline 3, but he was mostly disagreeing with you putting us as a possible 7 seed. If you would have said 4-6 it’d be reasonable but we’re not going to be a 7 seed.

Yes 5-8 now given our ranks. 

Again, best ranked D1 with the same losses. And we were dropping, and already fortunate. 

Check out NET resumes. If we drop another regular season game, or stinks up in the B10C, we're as close to 6-7 as we are 3 or 4. I'm just realistic given ranks right now. Several other teams have similar or better resumes. 

2 minutes ago, Southside said:

Again, best ranked D1 with the same losses. And we were dropping, and already fortunate. 

Check out NET resumes. If we drop another regular season game, or stinks up in the B10C, we're as close to 6-7 as we are 3 or 4. I'm just realistic given ranks right now. Several other teams have similar or better resumes. 

Except the NCAA committee already ranked us the best 4 seed and we’ve been at worst neutral since then. We’re not as close to a 7 as a 3, that’s just objectively wrong based on positioning from the actual committee.

6 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

JHS likely is a first round talent,  but he has still sucked in several games this year. Looked like a 3 star freshman at times. Talent is undeniable, but let's not pretend he's been a rockstar all season. 

Don’t recall ever saying that. Honestly, the combine probably matters more than the college season and I’m sure he will grade out pretty well in that. I’m just saying I never expected him to be in Bloomington for more than 1 season. 

[Spears] Race Thompson yelled, "There you go!" Miller Kopp gave a look of pleasant surprise. Tamar Bates belted, "We got a f***ing squad now." And before Trayce Jackson-Davis hit the locker room door, ex-Hoosier star Cody Zeller hugged him & said, "Y'all look so different."

I feel bad as my daughter invited her fellow hoosier fan friend over to watch this game. I have tried to tell her how terrible this game will likely be. I guess if we win it will be epic though

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I am glad I was wrong lol. It was a great night. Hopefully this is a start of a new age where predicting iu will automatically fold in big games is over. I am also prepared to say I was sorry for doubting Woodson earlier this season. We had games we shouldn't have lost but not sure coaching was the biggest issue. If it was he has figured it out and last night was a masterful job Hopefully he stays hungry for more!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Southside said:

He's peaking though. And starting more and more showing in 1R mocks. And getting more consistent. Felt strongly he'd back (earlier this year), but it's a coin flip for me now. If he had a strong B10 tourney, and/or dance, he gone... 

7 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Absolutely, not dogging him, just pointing out he's looked like a freshman at time's. I hope he is the #1 pick (after leading IU to the Final Four)

Yea…I think it’ll come down the tourney performances and his desire to be gone. NBA owners/GMs can still be seduced by big tourney performances. A couple games closer to last night and somebody will probably guarantee him a 1st round spot. Otoh, if he has a couple Minny type performances, I think he may return.  

Selfishly, I hope he comes back (Cptn Obvious statement of the month…I know). I love his game. He’s so smooth out there.  

That stat somebody posted about 35pt games against top teams by a freshman on the road is crazy. Truly a legendary performance last night. 

6 hours ago, Southside said:

Our Sos is excellent and only a handful of teams ranked better than us have a better SoS so it’s expected we’ll have a handful of losses. We’re pretty much entrenched around 20 on kenpom and have been for a month. 18 on NET and similarly haven’t moved much.  

I’m not a bracketoligist, but at this point, it’d take something extraordinary to bump us past a 5. 

22 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I noticed one poster absent in this thread. Arguably our biggest win in years. He’s always around during the losses. He WOOFS a lot

Credit to Brass Cannon, though, who was here and posting positive comments throughout the game.

1 hour ago, Whoozhers said:

How about Gallo taking that dunk to Edey?!? 
That was phenomenal! Too bad that baby didn’t go in!!

Regardless…… We DID IT!! WOOOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS!!

My favorite play of the night! Obviously wish he woulda flushed it, but the attitude was EXACTLY what IU has mostly lacked for the last 20 yrs. "Of course I'm gonna try to hammer jam the ball right in the face of some Purdoo dork"