Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Purdue: 2/25 @7:30 on FOX

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

They are not, but I think they will mold into so pretty good players

Maybe. Need to make the most of this year. Get to a final four and hammer the transfer portal. Likely have to replace TJD, JHS, Kopp, X, Race, Geronimo ?, Duncomb? Only 2 players I trust for next to be quality players are Galloway and Reneau. Need to get some guys that are ready right away. Kind of like what moren did with Parrish and Scalia. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Another interesting factoid. This win ensures that Woodson will finish his second year no worse than .500 in big ten career record. A feat Crean and Archie never accomplished.  

Regardless, both Crean and Archie made and make a lot of money and feel very comfortable walking to the bank.

1 minute ago, TTT said:

Regardless, both Crean and Archie made and make a lot of money and feel very comfortable walking to the bank.

Good for them. Nobody will know who they are in 50 years.  Cashing big checks doesn’t forge you a legacy. Hopefully Woodson can add another chapter to his

4 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

Newton/Cupps aren’t in the same stratosphere as JHS. 

No, Hood-Schifino’s mental and physical maturity are unusual. He is exceeding the expectations most would have had for him. But, I’ve watched both of those kids a lot, and I’ll say this: Cupps has an exceptional understanding of the game and is a rare competitor and Newton has stuff that flat can’t be taught. They’re gonna be terrific players. 

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

No, Hood-Schifino’s mental and physical maturity are unusual. He is exceeding the expectations most would have had for him. But, I’ve watched both of those kids a lot, and I’ll say this: Cupps has an exceptional understanding of the game and is a rare competitor and Newton has stuff that flat can’t be taught. They’re gonna be terrific players. 

Yeah maybe. We fall in love with recruits. I read the same thing about Banks and Gunn and I don’t see it. I expected JHS to be a first round talent. I have no expectations for next years recruiting class. 

10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

1 seeds are going to be wanting them to be in their bracket as the 2 or 3 seed. 

I think a 7 seed like UK or Arkansas knocks them out in the second round. They need an NBA like wing on their team. Smith/Loyer/Morton aren't good enough. Jaden Ivey makes this team a title contender. They really miss him. 

3 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

If X is able to come back I will be surprised if we don’t make a deep run. Might do it without him. 

If X can be our 6th man I'll take it. Galloway doesn't deserve to lose his spot in the lineup. Malik would be our Big off the bench. Give Bates, Geronimo, Banks some minutes and see if they play well early...

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Matt Painter on the rivalry: "I've had opportunities to leave, and one of the things I think about if I leave and I'm not the coach of Purdue is I can't walk back into Assembly Hall and compete against them. And that would bother me." 

He might not be the greatest coach in the world -- but he's a pretty good dude. 

Still think he will breakthrough one year and make the final four. I just don't think they have the backcourt this year. 

9 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If X can be our 6th man I'll take it. Galloway doesn't deserve to lose his spot in the lineup. Malik would be our Big off the bench. Give Bates, Geronimo, Banks some minutes and see if they play well early...

If you can just get 15 solid minutes from X it would be transformative. They are really struggling with their rotations when you’ve only got 2 primary ball handlers and they both start and play 35 or 40. X’s availability would give Woody so much more flexibility.