Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB vs Purdue: 2/25 @7:30 on FOX

4 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

IF he comes back 90-100%…. That’s a big IF. And we all know how early season XJ plays until he finds his groove. I don’t see it. Too much risk imho. 

Oh yea…I’m not making a medical prediction. Just saying IF he would come back fully the next game I’d feel decent about his chances of being good by tourney time. 

If you had told me before the game that IU would end up with 4 players with 4 fouls including TJD and 2 other starters, TJD scoring only 10 points, give up 6 steals, give up 21 more FT attempts, and getting out rebounded 46-30 (21-5 on offensive rebounds) I would doubt IU would win. I certainly wouldn't believe winning comfortably. 

Edited by go iu bb

2 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I still think he needs more than 3 possible games to get into game shape 

Conservatively he has 2 home games next week. Let’s say we go 1-1 in the BTT. That is 4 games in two weeks. And if we’re the 3/4 seed, assuming we win that’s 5 games in about 19-20 days before he HAS to hit 100% for the toughest tourney games.

That’s doable. It’s cutting it close and not something I’m relying on. But technically he could do it.

Just now, str8baller said:

Conservatively he has 2 home games next week. Let’s say we go 1-1 in the BTT. That is 4 games in two weeks. And if we’re the 3/4 seed, assuming we win that’s 5 games in about 19-20 days before he HAS to hit 100% for the toughest tourney games.

That’s doable. It’s cutting it close and not something I’m relying on. But technically he could do it.

Yeah and it’s not like he needs to be able to play 30 minutes. But somebody to go in at 13 minutes to give Trey or JHS a spell till the under 12 timeout 

Somebody feel free to correct me but I think if we play 37 games this year. That means 6 postseason games then Xavier is eligible for a red shirt if he doesn’t make it back to us this year. 

If so that would be insanely helpful for next years team 

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Remember when the argument was that 'although Galloway plays with high energy, he shouldn't be a starter on a good NCAA team?'

This is Trey Galloway's team next year.

I remember that argument from last summer. 

Man what a win...as an IU fan since the early 2000s I can remember just a few games where IU won when nobody gave them a chance...'02 Duke is one of those. UK game in 2011. 

1) Jalen.Hood.Schifino. Well done. Enjoy what time left of him we have. May be a top ten pick when it's all said and done. Dude just took over. Knew he was the best guard on the floor in both matchups. If he can be consistent the rest of the way...

2) Even though Trayce didn't play well, dude had 8 rebounds and 7 assists. Still found a way to impact the game. 

3) Thought Woodson out-coached Painter. Made some really good adjustments all night. 3-1 vs Purdue in two years. 

4) Galloway was HUGE! Most improved player this year? Felt he and JHS just set the tone. Nothing against Loyer and Smith..but JHS and Trey are better. Just outtoughed Purdue. 

5) Don't get me wrong. Purdue is a good team. Very good. Sweet 16 good. I just haven't thought at all this year that they are top 5/top 10 good. Edey is the POY. Just don't think they are that good outside of that. As much as I like Painter, I can't stand some of their fan base. Obnoxious. And they've won NOTHING. 

Massive win. Let's finish strong at home and IU is probably a 3 seed. Hope they can get a healthy Xavier Johnson back! Only downside was IU got nothing out of their bench. offensively.