Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

IUBB @ Michigan State - Tuesday, 2/21/23 @ 9:00 on ESPN

So many thoughts. None of them good. I was mentally prepared for this week, so whatever I guess, but a great team wins this game or at least makes it a competitive. I’m happy we will dance but this season isn’t living up to expectations. So hard not to peek into next season and fear another missed tournament. Wait for the ‘24 kids who will be freshman..

Prepared for a big time beatdown Saturday, then hope we can hold serve at home. Seems more likely we are a 6-7 seed rather than a 4-5 by the end of this.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

27 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Is Trayce not 100% or just gassed?

Hes moving very slow IMO. Not competing for boards, blocking shots. Allowing himself to be pushed around. 

I think it is a lot about frustration as well.  He’s been missing some easy buckets, not get fouls called on him, and missing free throws.

Does anybody question our recruiting? Why do we have so many guys that play below the rim? Gunn and Banks don’t look like big10 caliber players until they are maybe upper classmen. The 2 kids coming in next year don’t look like impact players. Gonna need to hit the portal hard because life after TJD is going to be rough. Especially if JHS leaves as well. I would not anticipate Geronimo and Duncomb being back next year either. 

The things I keep reminding myself of that I see as positives are:

1) Woodson’s only been here for a year and a half, and we’re noticeably better than we were during Miller’s tenure

2) We’ve had a comparatively good year without having a full roster since Hoosier Hysteria (seems like), sometimes two or more players out at a time I think.

3) The defense and the culture/toughness seem to be better although still too inconsistent.

Fwiw. Blackhawk Christian was really fun to watch tonight. Beat Leo by 18 I think. Kellan Pickett did a little bit of everything. Score 18 or 20. Felt like he made virtually all his shots. 3s, soft spot in zone. 1 on 1 drives. Mid ranges. He looks good. Like he could be a Hauser type player as my comp.

3 minutes ago, Bankshot said:

The things I keep reminding myself of that I see as positives are:

1) Woodson’s only been here for a year and a half, and we’re noticeably better than we were during Miller’s tenure

2) We’ve had a comparatively good year without having a full roster since Hoosier Hysteria (seems like), sometimes two or more players out at a time I think.

3) The defense and the culture/toughness seem to be better although still too inconsistent.

Addressing #3: Archie has only been gone for 22 months. 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Fwiw. Blackhawk Christian was really fun to watch tonight. Beat Leo by 18 I think. Kellan Pickett did a little bit of everything. Score 18 or 20. Felt like he made virtually all his shots. 3s, soft spot in zone. 1 on 1 drives. Mid ranges. He looks good. Like he could be a Hauser type player as my comp.

Underrated post. 
Belongs in the recruiting section, but underrated nonetheless.

1 minute ago, realTomCrean said:

Just enjoy this year fellas. Transfer portal will help us we have bukoo minutes and $ available next year. Woodson said “get old and stay old” - 2 tourney appearances in 2 years 

Always wait until the dust settles to see what the team looks like given the current state of the transfer portal.  Illinois lost their top five scorers from last year.  Their top three scorers this year are players that came to Illinois via the transfer portal.  Not saying it's going to be a great squad next year but IU has a lot to offer, in playing time, NIL, and national attention.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Always wait until the dust settles to see what the team looks like given the current state of the transfer portal.  Illinois lost their top five scorers from last year.  Their top three scorers this year are players that came to Illinois via the transfer portal.  Not saying it's going to be a great squad next year but IU has a lot to offer, in playing time, NIL, and national attention.

A lot of playing time is going to attract many, maybe we can finally get a 7-footer

46 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

At what point do we worry about how terrible we will be next season especially if hood leaves?, we're going to be the worst indiana team since creans first season

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I’m holding off worry, or optimism, until after the season is over, HS recruiting is over ( we got JHS and Malik late) and after I see who stays and who we land in the portal.