Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball Drinks Coffee

24 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Thought this was going to be another one of those dorky coffee-snob threads. 

This morning I picked up my freshly roasted (medium roast) beans from my local coffee roast shop, ground them in my Breville burr grinder (no blade grinders please) after setting the grind size to my percolater, savored the aroma, timed off 8 minutes of percolating, and of course drank it black. 
There you go

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

This morning I picked up my freshly roasted (medium roast) beans from my local coffee roast shop, ground them in my Breville burr grinder (no blade grinders please) after setting the grind size to my percolater, savored the aroma, timed off 8 minutes of percolating, and of course drank it black. 
There you go

You know what they say…the best part of waking up is Breville burr ground, fresh medium roast percolating in your cup. 

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

There you go

DM me. We gotta get you out of that percolator and into an aeropress or moka pot.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

DM me. We gotta get you out of that percolator and into an aeropress or moka pot.

I was going to add after the percolator comment “much to Stuhoo’s chagrin” - this post was all tongue in cheek

:)

I’ll hit you up, but I actually like my old school perc 

27 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I do need help…

Understanding wtf a percolator is

Old school coffee maker like you see on a camp fire. Coffee grounds sit in a cup inside suspended over the water, after boiling you turn down flame to low and brew 7-10 min dep on taste, the coffee percolates up and bubbles in a little clear knob at top

9 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Old school coffee maker like you see on a camp fire. Coffee grounds sit in a cup inside suspended over the water, after boiling you turn down flame to low and brew 7-10 min dep on taste, the coffee percolates up and bubbles in a little clear knob at top

Ah, a Keurig for people who still receive the physical TV Guide in the mail.