Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Grace Berger - Indiana Fever

I've been saying this for two seasons now: Grace Berger is the most skilled and smartest IU basketball player -- regardless of gender.

Obviously, she can't come anywhere near to matching the athleticism of any of the men -- but IMO, her skills and smarts exceed any of them. 

She might the most skilled and smartest women's basketball player in the country. I know that Boston and Clark get a lot of hype, but if I’m a WNBA GM, I would take her in the first round, no questions asked. Her steady and smart play remind me of 3 IU men’s greats - Cheney, Bailey, and Alford. 

Cal Cheaney has been my favorite Hoosiers basketball player since he donned the candy stripes. 

Grace Berger might be No. 2. 

Hard to read this story without getting a little misty-eyed. 

What a special player and special person. She will be missed. 

Thanks, Grace -- for five fantastic seasons. 

Whenever I watched her, I was just always impressed by her toughness, both mentally and physically. She's the kind of player that can will her team to victory. Quite honestly, she's one of the players that made me start paying attention to women's basketball. I'll miss watching her play for IU.

Posted in the game thread but absolutely worth repeating—

saddened she had to go out like that but really appreciative of all she brought to IU - my favorite IU women’s player all time by a country mile, and really one of my favorite all time IU players.

Toughness, floor vision, killer instinct, poise, class, exceptional skill, a facilitator and a scorer and often the soul of the team. 

Thank you for playing for IU

What more can I say that you all haven’t?

Not much.

I watched as many IUWBB games as I could over the past 4-5 years. Grace Berger’s toughness and skill was always on display. She continues the recent trend of phenomenal student athletes that IUWBB has graduated that we as fans and Alumni can be incredibly proud of.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

11 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Cal Cheaney has been my favorite Hoosiers basketball player since he donned the candy stripes. 

Grace Berger might be No. 2. 

Hard to read this story without getting a little misty-eyed. 

What a special player and special person. She will be missed. 

Thanks, Grace -- for five fantastic seasons. 

If their is one thing I could tell her it’s that she’ll always be a Hoosier.

A period of time is not defined by individual moments but how you handle yourself over the connected moments.  I have never meet Grace personally but I have read quotes from those that have met her briefly or over an extended time and what has always been true is that Grace has been more to others than to herself.  Her parents could never have realized that a name would be  more fitting than Grace.