Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Northwestern - Wednesday, 2/15/23 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

I love our chances but it will be a close one. We will need to really clamp down defensively. As for our offense I’d really like to see other guys get involved other than Trayce and Jalen; my hope is for Kopp to have a big night as well. 

42 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Purdue plays Maryland at College Park Thursday (6:30 pm). I'll be at the game rooting for the Terrapins, I guess.

Getting way ahead of myself but if they lose Thursday and IU can get these next three, good chance the B1G regular season is on the line at Mackey next Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

This week is very important in terms of resume building. Next week could very well be 2 losses and I kind of expect that so 2 wins this week could go a long way.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

If IU can win 5 of last 6 (not out of the question), it really sets them up well for a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament. I really want to avoid 4 or 5 seed. I think IU could play a tough 12 seed and then a tough 4 or 5 seed in the 2nd round. 

15 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

This week is very important in terms of resume building. Next week could very well be 2 losses and I kind of expect that so 2 wins this week could go a long way.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hard not to see it that way.  MSU is better than Mich slightly if any.  MSU is lesser than Illinois imo.  @MSU is a tougher road crowd.  winnable for sure but not expected.  Same for @Purdue but X2. .  

17 hours ago, Scotty R said:

Wasn't the NW game when JHS had 33 points

9 of JHS's points were in the last 63 seconds of the game, too late to change the outcome. But it was defensively when NW built a big 17 point lead that the NW guards played especially well, converting Indiana turnovers into 25 NW points. Indiana had 16 turnovers, 9 more than NW. JHS has shown great scoring ability, but his tendency to needlessly turn the ball over has given opponents too many unnecessary opportunities. NW guards are relentless which is why they gave Purdue guards so much trouble and Indiana so much trouble in Bloomington. Indiana has to do a better job protecting the ball to win in Evanston on Wednesday.

48 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

He is my favorite analyst, regardless of network. 

No bias, no bs. Breaks down the game really well. Just enjoyable to listen to and learn from. 

Really enjoy Hummel calling games. I find it hilarious he gets tired of the officiating like most fans and starts calling it out live.