Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - Saturday, 2/11/23 @ 6:00 on ESPN

4 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Gotta give Woodson credit to lose your starting PG right before the conference season starts and still be in control of the second spot in the Big Ten. Even our WTF losses would still leave us in second place.  Something needs to be done with the unbalanced schedules 

Yeah, the unbalanced conference schedule is just ridiculous.  Base the double plays on the previous year's standings so at least there shouldn't be a huge difference.

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Yeah, the unbalanced conference schedule is just ridiculous.  Base the double plays on the previous year's standings so at least there shouldn't be a huge difference.

Well, it'll be interesting when the expansion takes place.  Maybe two divisions - play twice against the in division foes and once against the other division teams?

Just now, pumpfake said:

Well, it'll be interesting when the expansion takes place.  Maybe two divisions - play twice against the in division foes and once against the other division teams?

Gives me nighmares of football unbalanced schedules. Let’s just expand to 20 teams with 1 protected rivalry 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Man..a win is a win. Need to start winning road games. Well done. 

1) Defense was awesome the last 23 minutes of the game. Thought Geronimo did some really nice things on that end. 

2) Trayce continues to carry this team. He makes it look so easy. He's developing into the leader they needed him to be. 

3) Feel like I say this all the time when IU plays a close 50/50 game but they really could have used Xavier/Race this game. 

4) Jalen has his head scratching moments but he stepped up in the scoring column when nobody else would. 

5) I try not to be a negative guy, but Tamar Bates is so lost right now. He has no business seeing the court. Play CJ. At least until X comes back. 

Great IU teams win on the road. Need to win at Northwestern. Always happy when IU beats Michigan. Especially with Howard/Dickinson. Just don't like them. 

I give Geronimo some credit in that he was much better in the second half.  That first half though he was awful on defense.

I know I said it earlier but really disappointed Banks didn’t play.  CMW can’t talk tough about guys having to earn their minutes and when he gets the opportunity to play he earns playing time but then doesn’t play.  That really bothers me.  

Just now, IU - Kaulie said:

I give Geronimo some credit in that he was much better in the second half.  That first half though he was awful on defense.

I know I said it earlier but really disappointed Banks didn’t play.  CMW can’t talk tough about guys having to earn their minutes and when he gets the opportunity to play he earns playing time but then doesn’t play.  That really bothers me.  

I am too. I didn't get that one. Still don't understand CJ sitting. Right now I'll take him over Tamar. 

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

Rewatched the last play.  Looked like a PNR from Bufkin to Dickinson except TJD never bit and Dickinson's pick was week and Galloway never left Bufkin.

I’ll still blame Juwan, but it’s nice to know that we also were on fire defensively down the stretch. 

3 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

I've thought that as a possibility where you could go 

East:

Maryland, Rutgers, Penn State, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Indiana, Purdue

West:

Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, USC, UCLA

Would have a tougher East than West right now.  Also would mean 22 games in conference if you doubled your division and played singles in the others, so doubt that occurs.

I think the more likely split schedule wise would be four divisions of four (just for scheduling purposed) playing double against the three in your division, double against one in the others, and singles against everyone else.

17 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Gotta give Woodson credit to lose your starting PG right before the conference season starts and still be in control of the second spot in the Big Ten. Even our WTF losses would still leave us in second place.  Something needs to be done with the unbalanced schedules 

BTW, when are they going to try X, is their a mark on the calendar, a goal, etc.?