Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2022-23 Prediction League - Game 26 at Northwestern Wed 2/15/23 9pm BTN

This one's up a little earlier than normal.

How this works!!!

Each week I will create Prediction League threads for the weeks game(s).

It's a simple concept:

Each week you start with 100 points (only if a prediction is made, otherwise 0 points for the week)
+25 PTs if you guess the winner
-25 PTs if you pick the loser
+10 PTs if guess IU score correctly
+10 PTs if guess Opponent score correct
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of IU (over/under doesn't matter)
-The # of points different between the actual and predicted score of opponent (over/under doesn't matter)

*** Reminder if you post a prediction and want to change it, please just POST a NEW Prediction, do not edit a prior post as I may miss those edits.

The person with the most points (MINUS 2 LOWEST GAMES) at the end of the season wins

This game is important.  

My prediction isn't.

Indiana                                  71

North by Northwest            63      Heard that there was a hitch in theirs.

I'm thinking that the fix is in on this prediction challenge.  Either Josh or B Rick will likely be the winner.  Nothing I can do about it but complain and I will do that.

Reportedly Race Thompson was held out last game as a precaution due to a leg injury.  It was allegedly not related to his previous knee injury.  Hope he is lots healthier and can move laterally with ease. 

He should be faster than a missile... leap high-level unidentified flying objects before they are shot down...and can block out then grab and hang on to the basketball like some people who jockey into position and then grab sale items on black Fridays. You know what I mean.

This is another tough one and I can see a lot in Northwestern's favor.  Of course they are at home and that always helps.  Plus they have beaten us in Bloomington.  We lost that one by a point but only after Hood-Schfino played out of his mind and scored 33 - including 5 3's.  Jackson-Davis had 18 and the bench made major contributions.  Johnson and Thompson were out for that game.  Same again probably.

Seems strange to count Northwestern as a upper tier game but it is.  They are a legit tournament team this year.  However they may play the weakest schedule in the big ten this year with bunches of games against the bottom of the league.  OTOH they have wins over Purdue and Indiana from the top.

Northwestern is 12-5 at home.  IU is still a sub 50 team on the road with a 4-6 record.  We average more points.  They have a 5 point edge is points allowed.  It worries me that we couldn't stop them from scoring in Bloomington and gave up over 80 points.

To win this IU must play defense with our hair on fire, get hot from outside, and get major help from our now short bench.  Can't count on Hood-Schfino to go for 30+ again.

The heart says go with the improved Hoosiers.  The head says don't be a chump, too much must go right for the Hoosiers to pull this one out.  It is really hard to win on the road in the Big 10 and NW is better than either Michigan (1 pt IU win) or Purdue.

Hoosiers  68

Wildcats  69