Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutger aka/Ruger - Tuesday, 2/7/23 @ 6:30 on BTN

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Good win. Thought someone would step up just thought it would be a bench player not Kopp, but sometimes the same thing.

Race was bad but still think he’s going to help us win one down the road.

Still need JHS to be more consistent.

Mulchary needs suspended. Can’t fine him but that was dirty. 

JHS’s ups and downs are kind of surprising, but then he is a frosh running point while also expected to score. If / when we have X back I think he’ll be more consistent— special player regardless 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Good win. Thought someone would step up just thought it would be a bench player not Kopp, but sometimes the same thing.

If this was baseball Mulcahy would get some chin music next time we faced them 

17 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Asking for a “friend”.

My  friend graduated from IU, has been a huge fan for decades, thinks that the Hall is the best environment to watch sports in the country, etc etc. but wonders if he would face a lifetime IU fandom banishment if he expressed that he finds the flags/William Tell/“greatest timeout in college basketball” to be really, really corny/dated ?

Yes, tell he smells of elderberries! 

44 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I haven’t been on here much lately but I will say that the play of Kaleb and Malik have been crucial lately and been a very nice surprise

5 minutes ago, hoopsta007 said:

4 of the next 5 on the road.  This was a much needed win!  It may not have been pretty but it is nice seeing us grind a win out against a team with a “tough” reputation.

But Michigan & Northwestern are the next two. I’m confident with a senior led team in those two 

1 minute ago, yogisballin said:

I haven’t been on here much lately but I will say that the play of Kaleb and Malik have been crucial lately and been a very nice surprise

I’m happy with Trey, Tamar, Banks, Gunn and Reneau next year with some portal guys, freshman and maybe JHS

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m happy with Trey, Tamar, Banks, Gunn and Reneau next year with some portal guys, freshman and maybe JHS

Is JHS really expected to declare? I assumed a starting  lineup of JHS, Trey, Bates, Geronimo, Reneau with Cupps, Gunn,  Banks and someone from the portal off the bench. 

Both this grind it out game and the hold the lead game are games we probably lose last year.

These are games a team that has learned how to win wins, and a team that hasn’t quite yet usually loses. And that was what we were during the losing streak - real progress since.

No way I thought we’d be sitting in 2d at this point after losing Vets and going 1-4 out of the gate. Growth

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

Is JHS really expected to declare? I assumed a starting  lineup of JHS, Trey, Bates, Geronimo, Reneau with Cupps, Gunn,  Banks and someone from the portal off the bench. 

He’ll def at least test waters. He’s a likely first rounder. His inconsistency might stop him (a lot of scouts were at that MD game), but he’s been so good at times, obviously bounced back really well from the MD game, and he has all the tools and physical traits for the League, big, quick, two-way on ball guard who runs the floor well, can create for himself as well as orchestrate, gets to his spots and scores midrange with demonstrated ability to hit from deep, runs P&R well (absolutely love his lob vision), etc.

Decision will likely be whether another year is likely to give him a real jump in the first round— helps he can earn good bank now in college. Factor into that that TJD will be gone, along with X and Race, younger, kind of rebuilding, chances of shining in March lower. I think he goes but maybe not as clear as it looked earlier due to recent inconsistency.

A win is a win! Was upset with the end of the 1st half/around the 3 minute mark of the second half. But, these guys pulled through. We lose this game last year.

1) Been an IU fan since that '02 run. I think right now I put Trayce in the top four of the players I've seen IU have. Victor, Jared, and Cody are the others. Yogi is 5th. What a run he's having. Edey probably deserves NPOY but Trayce is #2. Lock for 1st Team All American. I think only Victor has done that in the last 20 years. Dude is doing what he's supposed to do. Put the team on his back. Zero off nights. 

2) Team is showing its depth. Tonight, it was Miller that showed up. Hit some big shots and played tough defense. Hope we see more of that.

3) While I can't stand their style of play, Rutgers is tough. I think we could see them in that Friday 5 vs 4 B1GT matchup or Saturday 3 vs 2 game. I don't think they're built for the NCAA Tournament, but honestly I was more worried about this game than Purdue. 

4) So glad there was no let down. We had Michigan last January after the Purdue win. Rutgers in December after the now not so big UNC win.

5) Credit to this coaching staff. I was really critical of them. I didn't think they were good enough. Winning 7 of 8 in the Big Ten is HARD to do. Let's hope they keep it up. Assembly Call guys said it best..great IU teams win on the road. Michigan, Northwestern, Michigan State, and Purdue. A split would be nice. It's possible too. 

Right now, we have a very good team. A team that I think finishes top 4 in the B1G, wins a game or two in the NCAA tournament. What makes this team Final 4 good? A healthy Xavier Johnson. Hope he's back in a couple of weeks. Would be nice to get him some games before the postseason starts.  You would have an All-American Center with two All-conference PG's...that's a recipe for a deep tournament run. 

47 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But Michigan & Northwestern are the next two. I’m confident with a senior led team in those two 

In the last 8 games really Maryland is the only one where this team didn't play with intensity. I'm confident they can win both if they play like they've been playing. Michigan is a tough place to go win at. Kind of a must win for the Wolverines. I think we lose a close one there and beat Northwestern.