Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutger aka/Ruger - Tuesday, 2/7/23 @ 6:30 on BTN

Just now, rcs29 said:

On IU game days just go to the gym and keep book even if there isn't a game. Track how many times a light flickers or you hear a strange sound in an empty gym.....something along those lines.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I don’t want to say I’m responsible for the wins…nevermind, I will say it.

just one game left where I keep the book during an IU game — at Michigan St.  depending on sectional draw, could also be the Iowa game.

2 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

and Race plays more of a reduced role. 

So the starters who jumped to a big lead, who got the lead back after half time, and who closed out the game for the win wouldn’t be your starting line-up? You’d go with some version of the line-up that went 7min without a FG?  

2 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you Grayson Allen Jr. I missed this live but that is an obvious intentional trip.

Rutgers is up there as probably my least favorite team right now.  Don't get me wrong, always want to beat Purdue, but Rutgers are some *******.

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Completely disagree. Race was frankly bad against PU until the closing minutes when he made a couple of really good vet plays, particularly the steal and the inbound play. Before that though he did almost nothing offensively and was clearly not 100 percent, threw the ball out of bounds, got beat defensively, and was pulled for it. We went on that big run of games with JG and Malik. We’re absolutely better with them playing significant minutes 

That’s exactly what I said lol.  Race made some key plays late that helped us get the win.  I like the split right now with Malik and Race with Malik getting slightly more minutes.  I think maybe a few minutes here and there for Geronimo but that’s it.  He should not be playing significant minutes.  I honestly prefer Banks to Geronimo.

4 minutes ago, str8baller said:

So the starters who jumped to a big lead, who got the lead back after half time, and who closed out the game for the win wouldn’t be your starting line-up? You’d go with some version of the line-up that went 7min without a FG?  

You specifically quoted just the part where I said I hope Race plays more of a reduced role. Are you really suggesting this team is at its best when Race is on the floor, playing big minutes, with his injured knee? 

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Chances anything happens going forward...?

If you mean by the B1G, absolutely nothing, but I’m fairly sure TJD was pi$$ed when he turned around.

10 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

You specifically quoted just the part where I said I hope Race plays more of a reduced role. Are you really suggesting this team is at its best when Race is on the floor, playing big minutes, with his injured knee? 

I will say that…yes!!! Race is a total liability!! Play Malik!!

1 hour ago, hoosierdogg said:

Flags!

Asking for a “friend”.

My  friend graduated from IU, has been a huge fan for decades, thinks that the Hall is the best environment to watch sports in the country, etc etc. but wonders if he would face a lifetime IU fandom banishment if he expressed that he finds the flags/William Tell/“greatest timeout in college basketball” to be really, really corny/dated ?

Such a satisfying win! Finally got over the Rutgers cloud. 

Tuned in late so I might have missed it, but did they announce what the shoes were that we were wearing tonight? Looking to snag em. 

18 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

They were tonight. The best stretches were the starts of each half when the starters were in.