Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutger aka/Ruger - Tuesday, 2/7/23 @ 6:30 on BTN

Thats what I fear. What we have is working better than anything we've had this year. X needs to come in and grab 5-10 max for "fresh" legs
Idk. On one hand I agree with you but on the other hand I like to think of a JHS and XJ synergy that makes me weep tears of joy and opponents just regular sad tears.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Back from injury, not enough and admit it already Race is not the answer. Is that “your boy?”

Race made some big plays late against Purdue and some big free throws tonight.  I don’t see Geronimo playing much going forward and he shouldn’t.

What lineup do you feel most confident having in the rotation? For me, 

• PG: JHS
  • SG: Galloway
  • SF: Kopp (controversial take to some I suppose) 
  • PF: Reneau
  • C: TJD (God we are going to miss him so much)

I also think you can swap Bates in for Gallo depending on the night. I hope that we continue seeing more Banks/Geronimo and Race plays more of a reduced role. Based on a few of Woody's reactions tonight, I'd like to see him play closer to 15 mins a game (if that).  

Don't think you can understate how much of a game-changer it will be to have XJ back in the lineup (if he isn't too rusty). Not sure what to make of his timeline, but would be great for him to get some light run before the BTT. 

This team has a really high ceiling IMO if the timing works out health/chemistry wise. Of course, not invincible. But games like tonight give me more confidence in our ability to grind out close ones. I'd like to see us do that at PUewww before I get too hopeful lol

Just now, rcs29 said:

On one hand I agree with you 

I mean sure…until we have Minny or Maryland performance. Those games are when our perimeters completely disappear. Get one of those in the tourney and you’re done.   

We need XJ at full strength playing minutes. He makes our defense better and he’ll be the guy to help avoid those 7min scoring droughts when the guards aren’t handling pressure or getting the ball to TJD down low. 

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Idk. On one hand I agree with you but on the other hand I like to think of a JHS and XJ synergy that makes me weep tears of joy and opponents just regular sad tears.

His defense would be a huge plus but I can't help but think X is going to be a step slow loke we have with Race. If so, there is no point in forcing the X action late. I'd love for him to have a blast in the tourney as, I think, he played too much for redshirt? 

Just now, rcs29 said:

No he is not. I think MR is the answer. JG this year has looked bad a lot more than he's looked good. I like him and he's an awesome athlete but he's not an answer either.

We kind of disagree - not completely just somewhat. JG was really good starting from his sit down with Woodson, including his 31 min game. He was not playing well in the 3 before that, thinking too much. But the timing and spacing was so much better during that following 3- game run. 

I’m a big fan of Malik, he def should be playing more, and if JHS leaves after this year I think he’ll be our best player

To me, both are the answer 

Halftime at my high school game.
4-0 when I’m on the book during games.
On IU game days just go to the gym and keep book even if there isn't a game. Track how many times a light flickers or you hear a strange sound in an empty gym.....something along those lines.

4 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

Race made some big plays late against Purdue and some big free throws tonight.  I don’t see Geronimo playing much going forward and he shouldn’t.

Completely disagree. Race was frankly bad against PU until the closing minutes when he made a couple of really good vet plays, particularly the steal and the inbound play. Before that though he did almost nothing offensively and was clearly not 100 percent, threw the ball out of bounds, got beat defensively, and was pulled for it. We went on that big run of games with JG and Malik. We’re absolutely better with them playing significant minutes