Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutger aka/Ruger - Tuesday, 2/7/23 @ 6:30 on BTN

1 minute ago, str8baller said:

First ten minutes rutgers could barely get a shot off. Then I don’t know what happened. 

Without looking back, looks like we help in picks which is great.. but these guys keep helping with no pick happening. We gotta stop that. A contested 2 I'll take every time over a wide open 3. It's causing me an eye twitch thinking back to the "pack line" lol

1 minute ago, Josh said:

I just got home from a work function I couldn't get out of.  Who can recap the first half for me?

- Kopp played his best half of the season

- Tamar and Reneau great off the bench

- TJD beasting in the post

- Our on-ball defense the first 15 minutes was smothering. 

- Race is simply not explosive and can’t make plays on either end; but Woody is stubborn and continues to give him too many minutes  

- Per usual, a guy averaging 1.7 ppg went off for 9 points on us to keep them close. 

- Last five mins we started overplaying high ball screen and left open three-point shooters that let them trim a 14 point lead to three at the half. 

2 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

- Kopp played his best half of the season

- Tamar and Reneau great off the bench

- TJD beasting in the post

- Our on-ball defense the first 15 minutes was smothering. 

- Race is simply not explosive and can’t make plays on either end; but Woody is stubborn and continues to give him too many minutes  

- Per usual, a guy averaging 1.7 ppg went off for 9 points on us to keep them close. 

- Last five mins we started overplaying high ball screen and left open three-point shooters that let them trim a 14 point lead to three at the half. 

You forgot to mention the half-dozen or so empty offensive possessions -- because of stupid turnovers (mainly, awful passes). 

1 minute ago, kreigh8 said:

How long a leash does Race get if this continues to be tight? No way he's 100% and that Reneau or Banks wouldn't be better options currently

Gets a 3 drilled in his eye as I type

If Parker Stewart from last year is any indication, he'll ride Race out to the end.

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

How long a leash does Race get if this continues to be tight? No way he's 100% and that Reneau or Banks wouldn't be better options currently

Gets a 3 drilled in his eye as I type

Reneau made several turnovers and missed rotations. Race is playing because they play solid defense when he’s out there.