Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Rutger aka/Ruger - Tuesday, 2/7/23 @ 6:30 on BTN

Paybacks are hell Rutgers and it's our time.   Rutgers (16-7) (8-4) but just 2-4 in road games.  Only worry is we have a letdown after the PUke win.  Reportedly, starting forward Mawot Mag is a game time decision with a possible knee injury.

Live Stats

Radio

Kick their A$$ seabass. We are way past due on kicking their behinds. We owe Rutgers something special. 

“Alright who’s the deadman that hit me with the salt shaker?”

*Points at Steve Pikiell*

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

TJD used the word “punked by Rutgers” at around the 3:05 mark. Interesting he doesn’t mention the losses to Iowa or NU…You can tell he wants this Rutgers game as much as the Purdue game

IU has been punked 4x this season and Buttgers was certainly one of them. Outcome was never in question the last 39mins of that game 

15 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I would have loved to have beaten Maryland, Purdue, and Rutgers. But as someone famous once said, "two out of three ain't bad".

I would have loved to have seen this team compete against Kansas, Rutger v1, Northwestern v1, and Penn State. When they compete each possession they become a difficult team to beat. Those teams mentioned previously didn't have that difficult of a time winning. I hope we make it extremely difficult for every team we face the rest of the season.

Compete, don't back down, and beat Rutger.

It's Monday and purdoodoo still sucks.

Who steps in for Mag?

It’s been mentioned previously, TJD and co have not beat Rutger. They have been CLOWNED by Rutger on the internet and court. I love beating Purdue, but they’re respectable enough to root for aside from playing IU. Rutger is public enemy #1 for me - I want them to lose by 20 every single game. It’s a discredit to the B1G to have them in the top of league 

Starting point (no pun intended), we did not have JHS when we played at Rutgers. He's going to bring it. 

Second point, to me just as important, this is a game of toughness. It's that simple. We got 'punked' by them (and KU). We were out-toughed. One of their players publicly called our guys weak after the game. I'd bet our guys have this game circled. TJD clearly does. Need to bring not just the energy and communication we saw on both ends against PU, but fight. Malik is a lot better, I'd bank on him contributing to our fight and energy. Hope to see JG back. Hope to, and am confident we will, see Gallo in peoples' faces all game.

28 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Who steps in for Mag?

It’s been mentioned previously, TJD and co have not beat Rutger. They have been CLOWNED by Rutger on the internet and court. I love beating Purdue, but they’re respectable enough to root for aside from playing IU. Rutger is public enemy #1 for me - I want them to lose by 20 every single game. It’s a discredit to the B1G to have them in the top of league 

Nothing pisses them off more than calling them 'Rutger'. Well done!