Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs POTFB - Saturday, 2/4/23 @ 4:00 on ESPN

I always feel like when iu beats a great team that said team goes into a slump and causes the win to be not so great. For once I hope that magic happens again lol. Hopefully purdue falls to seventh in big and this win means little lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Telling Coach Woodson…… I'm going to get this last bucket” after getting the mother of all swat blocks earlier down low by Edey was pretty dog gone BRAZEN!

JHS delivered. He’s got a short to no memory of getting stuffed.

Fantastic play. Fantastic WIN!

Keep it up HOOSIERS!

I’m so looking forward to Sunday morning, fresh coffee, and just sitting back and rewatching PU go down. A relaxing Sunday
Literally what I'm doing right now. I don't know why I'm anxious watching the 2nd half even though I know the outcome.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Always fun to beat them. IU has to build on it now. No more of this “one step forward, two steps back” crap

Yes! Last year IU lost to Michigan after a big win. This season after beating UNC they lost to Rutgers. Gotta get this next one. 

6 hours ago, rcs29 said:

JHS won't be a SO

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

This is an interesting conversation probably best left for the off-season. Obviously I don’t know what he’s thinking and that’s half the equation. But he really does not seem to possess the eye popping athleticism that NBA guys want out of lottery picks.  On nights when he’s shooting/playing well, I can easily see some NBA front exec falling in love with him. 

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

I always feel like when iu beats a great team that said team goes into a slump and causes the win to be not so great. For once I hope that magic happens again lol. Hopefully purdue falls to seventh in big and this win means little lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I don't like how arrogant their fans have become. I like Painter a lot. Just don't think their team is #1 good. 

4 minutes ago, str8baller said:

This is an interesting conversation probably best left for the off-season. Obviously I don’t know what he’s thinking and that’s half the equation. But he really does not seem to possess the eye popping athleticism that NBA guys want out of lottery picks.  On nights when he’s shooting/playing well, I can easily see some NBA front exec falling in love with him. 

Enjoy him while he is here. :) ESPN has him at #20 on their '23 draft rankings. I have a feeling he may be a lottery pick before it's all said and done. 

I'm surprised a Purdue fan didn't throw anything out on the floor for the auto tech. 
I thought the same thing. Announcing what they announced just baits that into happening. I would totally do that at Mackey. Would be worth being kicked out. I have never directly helped IU win a game....that would for sure be my only chance

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Hopefully NIL will help in convincing him to stay another year. Have some cash in his pocket, enjoy college life another year, keep improving his game, definitely be BMOC next year... one can only hope. I really like his game. TJD stayed when everyone thought he was leaving...maybe Woody can keep him in Bloomington.

Sent from my SM-S901U using BtownBanners mobile app

23 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yes! Last year IU lost to Michigan after a big win. This season after beating UNC they lost to Rutgers. Gotta get this next one. 

Indeed. That loss to Michigan was after the win against Purdue. Can’t fall in that trap again

39 minutes ago, jonz44 said:

Hopefully NIL will help in convincing him to stay another year. Have some cash in his pocket, enjoy college life another year, keep improving his game, definitely be BMOC next year... one can only hope. I really like his game. TJD stayed when everyone thought he was leaving...maybe Woody can keep him in Bloomington.

Sent from my SM-S901U using BtownBanners mobile app

NIL won't cover for lottery pick money.  If he is guaranteed a lottery spot, he should go.  That guaranteed money is life changing and an injury can mess that all up.  We were all holding our breath when he awkwardly went down, imagine if that was some weird leg injury.  I have no idea what the NBA wants, so hope he is back next year.  However, if he is a lottery pick he has to go.

4 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

NIL won't cover for lottery pick money.  If he is guaranteed a lottery spot, he should go.  That guaranteed money is life changing and an injury can mess that all up.  We were all holding our breath when he awkwardly went down, imagine if that was some weird leg injury.  I have no idea what the NBA wants, so hope he is back next year.  However, if he is a lottery pick he has to go.

Does anyone know anything about "loss of income" insurance? I am assuming that these boarder line lottery pick kids have it. Surely they can financially hedge against injury.