Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs POTFB - Saturday, 2/4/23 @ 4:00 on ESPN

If Purdue draws a team with two good and athletic bigs where they can't hide Edey on defense, they're done. If they get an officiating crew that has the courage to call Edey for more than a small fraction of the fouls he commits, they're also done. Especially if they were to call the foul every time he rams his shoulder or elbow into the defender, when he grabs the defender's arm and holds them down, or the shove in the back that leads to a number of his rebounds. 
Haven't really watched Purdue this year but I couldn't believe how much Edey gets away with that crap.

Sent from my SM-S901U using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I'm so confused about why @Trish never posts after wins.  There must be a Rhode Island game on somewhere lol

Ha, he’s probably just disappointed we are not in year 6 of learning the complicated packline defense and/or defending Archie because he was hampered since Race was a Crean recruit. :)

He did, however, show up when we lost a few and will undoubtedly return if we have another bad streak.

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

Any insiders have the inside story on xs coat tody?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Can’t say I understand the fashion trends of today’s youth, but believe X is studying apparel merchandising… future in starting his own clothing line?

I know Purdue is good and deserving to be ranked #1 and will be a tough matchup for any team because of Edey but we should never storm the court for any B10, especially Purdue.  By doing that, you paid them the ultimate compliment and that should never happen to our most fiercest B10 and state rival.  I personally don’t think we should storm the court ever because of that crowd that packs Assembly Hall and those 5 Championship Banners and it doesn’t matter how long it’s been since our last one 

51 minutes ago, DoctorP said:

worth a watch. I respect Painter a ton, one of the few coaches I'll watch their postgame. He talks about Trayce around 3 minutes in, just gushes over the player and the person. 

There's a reason purdoodoo is finding some success with Painter running the show.

We hit 4 threes, were out rebounded by 16 (ugh), Edey had 33 and 18 but we still won.

MANY past posts have mentioned (the obvious) that you have to hit your free throws. We were 15-18 (PU 10-17) which was one of the key differences. Kudos to Race and Trey for hitting pressure packed free throws.
The rebounding differential was offset a bit by our 8 turnovers vs 16 for PU.

Loved the way we moved the ball in the first have but the ball got “stuck” quite a few times in the second half.  

Banks 

We really, really need to beat Rutgers and get three games over .500 in conference (as opposed to falling back to one game over….HUGE  difference).

25 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm surprised a Purdue fan didn't throw anything out on the floor for the auto tech. 

Thought of that as well.  Bottom line going on the public address system to announce something like that typically doesn't help out that much.  Stop the game and and locate the fan.  With as many cameras and fans around them, they'll get pointed out.

16 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I know Purdue is good and deserving to be ranked #1 and will be a tough matchup for any team because of Edey but we should never storm the court for any B10, especially Purdue.  By doing that, you paid them the ultimate compliment and that should never happen to our most fiercest B10 and state rival.  I personally don’t think we should storm the court ever because of that crowd that packs Assembly Hall and those 5 Championship Banners and it doesn’t matter how long it’s been since our last one 

#1:  Storming the court after a win >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sitting on your hands after a loss.  It's fodder for the mostly the old school crown but no one really cares.

#2:  Hot take, but Purdue IMO should still be ranked #1 after the game.

I was undergrad at UK for the 4 years following their championship. Went to 1-2 games there, surely they wouldn’t dream of rushing the court. But they damn sure rushed State Street and it was an absolute blast to burn sh*t and high five everyone that walked by. What’s the difference when you’re 18-22 years old and your favorite team just won a huge game? I would’ve killed to be a part of one as a student at IU.

Rush the f**king court. Go IU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

#1:  Storming the court after a win >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sitting on your hands after a loss.  It's fodder for the mostly the old school crown but no one really cares.

#2:  Hot take, but Purdue IMO should still be ranked #1 after the game.

Respectfully disagree. Purdue got to #1 by default honestly. Their early season wins against Duke (now unranked) and Gonzaga (top 20 team but playing in the WCC) don’t look great anymore. Throw in the fact that 7 of their 11 B1G wins are against Minny, Nebraska, OSU and Penn St. (the bottom four teams in the B1G). They are not the #1 team in the country. Shouldn’t have been really.