Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs POTFB - Saturday, 2/4/23 @ 4:00 on ESPN

1 minute ago, J34 said:

Smith is a nice PG, but JHS everyday, and twice on Sunday. And perfectly happy about Cupps coming in and running my team as a freshmen, if needed. Smith is a perfect example. 

Yep. Said this before….recruiting wise we need to be picking up the smiths loyers and essigians from in state, but I wouldn’t trade JHS for any of them.   

Reneau was huge today and banks contributed. Just need to keep stacking good classes.  

JHS, Galloway, Bates, Geronimo, reneau , banks and gunn is a potentially good B1G rotation next year provided they continue to improve. 

Other than fan base d**k measuring contests (mostly online and anonymous), why does it even matter if they storm the court or not? It's a program that just beat the #1 team in a close game which was exciting for a team and fan base that hasn't had a ton of success the last ~5 years. Even more exciting was that it was against Purdue.

4 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Other than fan base d**k measuring contests (mostly online and anonymous), why does it even matter if they storm the court or not? It's a program that just beat the #1 team in a close game which was exciting for a team and fan base that hasn't had a ton of success the last ~5 years.

It doesn’t matter, in any grand sense. Otoh, I doubt Duke, Kansas or Kentucky would storm the court this season if they beat a #1. Would MSU or Uconn or UCLA? It just kind of drives home how starved for success we’ve been.   

Ultimately let the kids get drunk and have fun. No point in pretending we’re something we’re not.

9 minutes ago, str8baller said:

It doesn’t matter, in any grand sense. Otoh, I doubt Duke, Kansas or Kentucky would storm the court this season if they beat a #1. Would MSU or Uconn or UCLA? It just kind of drives home how starved for success we’ve been.   

Ultimately let the kids get drunk and have fun. No point in pretending we’re something we’re not.

Yes, and I would venture a guess those who think it's  bad probably haven't accepted that we're not at the same level as those teams right now. The fans it doesn't bother have probably accepted that.