Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs POTFB - Saturday, 2/4/23 @ 4:00 on ESPN

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

It won’t be a gameplan for Edey, it’ll be a team like we were in the first half—fast and hot from 3. They can’t guard a quick team that is hit from 3. Basically St. Peter’s pt duex. 

If Purdue draws a team with two good and athletic bigs where they can't hide Edey on defense, they're done. If they get an officiating crew that has the courage to call Edey for more than a small fraction of the fouls he commits, they're also done. Especially if they were to call the foul every time he rams his shoulder or elbow into the defender, when he grabs the defender's arm and holds them down, or the shove in the back that leads to a number of his rebounds. 

9 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

And should do so without storming the court, when we are ranked and favored to win against a rival we call little brother. 

Did you storm the court?

Neither did I. 

And I also couldn't give 2 sh1ts what college students do to celebrate as long as no one gets hurt.

8 minutes ago, hoosierbgh said:

If Purdue draws a team with two good and athletic bigs where they can't hide Edey on defense, they're done. If they get an officiating crew that has the courage to call Edey for more than a small fraction of the fouls he commits, they're also done. Especially if they were to call the foul every time he rams his shoulder or elbow into the defender, when he grabs the defender's arm and holds them down, or the shove in the back that leads to a number of his rebounds. 

Arizona comes to my mind 

35 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

And should do so without storming the court, when we are ranked and favored to win against a rival we call little brother. 

To each their own. Maybe 5 years ago I was of the same opinion. Now I imagine what my crazy drunk @$$ would have done at 21. I would have been at the midcourt party. 

37 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

We've stormed the court against MSU, UK, Illinois and even Minnesota. I don't think the opponent has any significance here.