Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs POTFB - Saturday, 2/4/23 @ 4:00 on ESPN

Sounds like JG is still out along with X.

On Xavier Johnson and whether he’s close to a return:

“Not really. He’s been out there trying to shoot a little bit. He just got out of the boot. I mean, I just don’t know. It’s hard to say when he’s going to actually be back.

On the status of Jordan Geronimo and Logan Duncomb:

“With Geronimo, I think he shot a little bit yesterday. He’s had a calf strain. That’s what’s keeping him out. Logan has got a major sinus infection again. I mean, I’ve known players that have had calf problems, and that’s something you can’t mess around with or you can be out for a longer period of time if you come back too soon.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2023/02/02/mike-woodson-updates-status-of-xavier-johnson-jordan-geronino-and-logan-duncomb-ahead-of-purdue-matchup/

20 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

On the status of Jordan Geronimo and Logan Duncomb:

“ Logan has got a major sinus infection again."

https://www.insidethehall.com/2023/02/02/mike-woodson-updates-status-of-xavier-johnson-jordan-geronino-and-logan-duncomb-ahead-of-purdue-matchup/

Entre Comillas Ironia GIF - Entre Comillas Ironia Sarcasmo GIFs

Haven't posted as much in the last month or so, but I'm super pumped for this game. I missed a few of the really bad games (Penn State, Northwestern) but was able to watch Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Ohio State. I like how the guys have responded.  

I give Purdue credit for what they've done this season. Painter is awesome. Edey is a top 3 player in the country with Trayce and Wilson from Kansas. I was hoping back in December that X would be back for this game. Doesn't sound too good for Geronimo. Key for me is our guards have to outplayer their freshman/make them look like freshman. Need Jalen to have a UNC/OSU kind of game again. Galloway/Bates to hit some shots. Maybe CJ gives us a few big minutes. I don't see IU stopping Edey. Should be a good game. Going to watch it at a big IU bar in Evansville. Probably the biggest IU-PU game in 30 plus years since the early 90s. I think IU finds a way to win. Trayce has a legacy game. I just hope this time when we beat Purdue that we don't sleepwalk the next game..Rutgers on Tuesday. That game is just as important. Crazy, but 2 through 9 in the B1G is separated by 1 game. I think 2 through 11 is by 2. Would like IU to get that double bye in the BTT. 

P.S. SHAME on ESPN for not having this on College Gameday. I don't know why but I've been hot about this since Monday. Two of the three best players in the country, one of the best rivalries in the sport, #1 team on the road in a tough road environment. Should be a no-brainer. Instead, probably the least exciting Duke-UNC game in a very very long time. Makes me sick. This would have been huge for both IU and Purdue. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Haven't posted as much in the last month or so, but I'm super pumped for this game. I missed a few of the really bad games (Penn State, Northwestern) but was able to watch Wisconsin, Michigan State, and Ohio State. I like how the guys have responded.  

I give Purdue credit for what they've done this season. Painter is awesome. Edey is a top 3 player in the country with Trayce and Wilson from Kansas. I was hoping back in December that X would be back for this game. Doesn't sound too good for Geronimo. Key for me is our guards have to outplayer their freshman/make them look like freshman. Need Jalen to have a UNC/OSU kind of game again. Galloway/Bates to hit some shots. Maybe CJ gives us a few big minutes. I don't see IU stopping Edey. Should be a good game. Going to watch it at a big IU bar in Evansville. Probably the biggest IU-PU game in 30 plus years since the early 90s. I think IU finds a way to win. Trayce has a legacy game. I just hope this time when we beat Purdue that we don't sleepwalk the next game..Rutgers on Tuesday. That game is just as important. Crazy, but 2 through 9 in the B1G is separated by 1 game. I think 2 through 11 is by 2. Would like IU to get that double bye in the BTT. 

P.S. SHAME on ESPN for not having this on College Gameday. I don't know why but I've been hot about this since Monday. Two of the three best players in the country, one of the best rivalries in the sport, #1 team on the road in a tough road environment. Should be a no-brainer. Instead, probably the least exciting Duke-UNC game in a very very long time. Makes me sick. This would have been huge for both IU and Purdue. 

I'm back and forth in what I think will happen --

But I'm encouraged by the fact JHS is coming off his worst game ever -- I'm confident he'll be 100% dialed in and ready, and really both Gallo and Bates are more likely than not to have bounce back games after those underperformances from them. Really wish we had JG (a healthy and ready JG) for this game, but the Hall will be rocking for sure, our guys will be motivated and especially after that embarrassment that was our last game. Let's get it

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Trey Galloway on the matchup: 

https://t.co/HOHjFzVbqx

Of note - Trey Galloway is an interesting person on TikTok, but he just may be the worst interview ever during media appearances. Lol

During this media conference we learn that he hopes to:

• "Follow our game plan"
  • "Study up"
  • "Put ourselves in position to win the game"
  • "Stay the course"
  • "Do the little things"
  • "Give his opponents a lot of credit"
  • "Do what the coaches need him to do"
  • "Play his role"
  • "Stay in the moment"
  • "Understand that there's gonna be ups and downs"
  • "Stay together"
  • "Move my feet"
  • "Go back to our basics"

In fact, he managed to include nearly every benign cliché in only seven minutes! The guy is the master of "never gonna be bulletin board material." 

Was he told to say May The Force Be With You?

59 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:
A buddy has 4 row5 purdue Tix. He didn't realize when he bought them, it’s same day as his wedding! He’s looking for someone to take his place. It's at Union Church, in New Albany at 3pm. Her name is Ashley, she's 5'4", 115 lbs, good cook. She'll be the one dressed in white.

OK!  We have a winner!  Ding!

1 hour ago, eddy4iu said:
A buddy has 4 row5 purdue Tix. He didn't realize when he bought them, it’s same day as his wedding! He’s looking for someone to take his place. It's at Union Church, in New Albany at 3pm. Her name is Ashley, she's 5'4", 115 lbs, good cook. She'll be the one dressed in white.

If I was a little younger, I'd take on that task. Are there any perks or 'benefits'? Asking for a friend.

Man, **** Purdoo.  **** their dumb cow humping fans.  **** that stupid mascot.  **** their hairy coeds.  **** their **** recruiting, **** their ugly campus, **** their stinky town.  **** their chunky coach, **** their smelly breath, **** their herpes riddled players.  **** their lack of success at everything, **** that big drum, **** those stupid @$$ train logos on their football helmets.

**** them all.  

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Man, **** Purdoo.  **** their dumb cow humping fans.  **** that stupid mascot.  **** their hairy coeds.  **** their **** recruiting, **** their ugly campus, **** their stinky town.  **** their chunky coach, **** their smelly breath, **** their herpes riddled players.  **** their lack of success at everything, **** that big drum, **** those stupid @$$ train logos on their football helmets.

**** them all.  

Yep, ‘bout covers it.