Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs POTFB - Saturday, 2/4/23 @ 4:00 on ESPN

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For all I care? When we win we should carry Dickie V on the student body's shoulders to Kilroy's for communal beer funnels and proceed to Mackey where we invade and annex West Laffy as a penal colony and/or 500 acre dog poop lot.

A bunch of people get hurt/pooped on here, but I think I'm in.

17 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Those students have never been there before so they are 100 % going to storm the court.   Can’t blame them based on where the program has been during their time.   

I was skimming through Big 1.o history on sports reference and didn't realize how bad it's actually been.

Storm the court! **** when we get close to winning anything we should storm the court, safely, and dodge anything Assembly Hall might be tossing from the rafters.

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I was skimming through Big 1.o history on sports reference and didn't realize how bad it's actually been.

Storm the court! **** when we get close to winning anything we should storm the court, safely, and dodge anything Assembly Hall might be tossing from the rafters.

Ya know the crazy part... Over the last 25 seasons the series is 25-20 in favor of Purdue.. Mike Davis did pretty well against them oddly enough. There was a stretch from 2000-2007 where we're went 11-2. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

For all I care? When we win this Saturday we should carry Dickie V on the student body's shoulders to Kilroy's for communal beer funnels and proceed to Mackey where we invade and annex West Laffy as a penal colony and/or 500 acre dog poop lot.

And then when the IU women win in Mackey on Sunday, even though we're favored, every IU fan within 50 miles should storm that court too.

Totally here for this. Storm court or not, I want to carry Dickie V to Kilroy's straight down Indiana Avenue. Like the Tennessee football fans carried the goalposts out of the Neyland to the Tennessee River after beating Alabama

26 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't like storming the court against Purdue...don't feel like we are in that place anymore either.  Personally, we should expect to win Saturday.

But those students at the game shouldn't expect to beat the #1 ranked team and they should be allowed to have some fun after we win. I'm 46 and I enjoy every win we have anymore. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Ya know the crazy part... Over the last 25 seasons the series is 25-20 in favor of Purdue.. Mike Davis did pretty well against them oddly enough. There was a stretch from 2000-2007 where we're went 11-2. 

I was referencing the overall Big 1.o. I didn't realize how bad we've actually been this millennium in comparison to other Big 1.o teams. Stats from the 2000-2001 season onward:

643230373_Screenshot2023-02-02at1_22_42PM.thumb.png.1139861b32f3bb705387d3b41277c7bf.png

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I was referencing the overall Big 1.o. I didn't realize how bad we've actually been this millennium in comparison to other Big 1.o teams. Stats from the 2000-2001 season onward:

643230373_Screenshot2023-02-02at1_22_42PM.thumb.png.1139861b32f3bb705387d3b41277c7bf.png

PU FF: 0

During this span, we've gone through 4 HC's and are on our 5th, with, of course, the utter destruction of the program as a result of Sampsongate (when we were 24-4), and the resulting rebuild, and attempts to find the right coach, during which Crean won regular season titles and got us back to SW16s after starting playing baseball players with zero scholarship players. Is it really that surprising to you?

BTW, Purdue's a joke.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I uh... Don't feel good about it. It's whatever I guess. Sure as hell aren't expected to win. 

I will say, this is by and far Purdue's best chance to win a national title. Like, it isn't even close. That's just where the college landscape is at the moment. It's pretty clear they are the best team in the B1G and seems pretty clear they are the best team in the country. Maybe we can at least make them a little uncomfortable.

Can't Edey technically return next year? I'm pretty sure no major contributor graduates after this season. 

I thought they'd take a huge step back after losing Williams and a lottery pick but apparently the basketball gods hate me.

1 minute ago, AKHoosier said:

Can't Edey technically return next year? I'm pretty sure no major contributor graduates after this season. 

I thought they'd take a huge step back after losing Williams and a lottery pick but apparently the basketball gods hate me.

Jenkins is the only one that is out of eligibility. And Edey technically can get 2 more years. Painter right now is peaking. Good for them. It had to come at some time I guess. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

PU FF: 0

During this span, we've gone through 4 HC's and are on our 5th, with, of course, the utter destruction of the program as a result of Sampsongate (when we were 24-4), and the resulting rebuild, and attempts to find the right coach, during which Crean won regular season titles and got us back to SW16s after starting playing baseball players with zero scholarship players. Is it really that surprising to you?

BTW, Purdue's a joke.

That explains it. Didn't realize going through 4 head coaches was the reason we sucked. Amazing we couldn't get it right through any of those hires. If someone made that many bad hires in business they'd probably be looked at as the reason the bad hires occurred.

That utter destruction was mostly self inflicted and explains 1/8 maybe 1/6 of the seasons we haven't performed. Excuses for the other seasons?

Agreed, purdoodoo's a joke and yet we'd love to have their last handful of seasons.

6 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That explains it. Didn't realize going through 4 head coaches was the reason we sucked. Amazing we couldn't get it right through any of those hires. If someone made that many bad hires in business they'd probably be looked at as the reason the bad hires occurred.

That utter destruction was mostly self inflicted and explains 1/8 maybe 1/6 of the seasons we haven't performed. Excuses for the other seasons?

Agreed, purdoodoo's a joke and yet we'd love to have their last handful of seasons.

Another thing I've noticed, Purdue fans have built this narrative that Indiana is ranked every year going into the season and just collapses. They LITERALLY believe that.... Yea... We've been ranked by the AP in the preseason just 6 times over the past 20 seasons. SIX. 

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

Been there done that, move on to the next game. We beat them last year and we should expect to win at home against anyone

I understand you've been there and done that since your in your 70's or '80s but the 18, 19-year-olds haven't been there. Would you be mad at your kids for storming the court?

35 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We agree on Purdoodoo!

Just now, Chris007 said:

I understand you've been there and done that since your in your 70's or '80s but the 18, 19-year-olds haven't been there. Would you be mad at your kids for storming the court?

I am 52 not in my 70's. Except for the freshman this year everybody else was there last year to see us beat Purdue