Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs POTFB - Saturday, 2/4/23 @ 4:00 on ESPN

I uh... Don't feel good about it. It's whatever I guess. Sure as hell aren't expected to win. 

I will say, this is by and far Purdue's best chance to win a national title. Like, it isn't even close. That's just where the college landscape is at the moment. It's pretty clear they are the best team in the B1G and seems pretty clear they are the best team in the country. Maybe we can at least make them a little uncomfortable.

19 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I uh... Don't feel good about it. It's whatever I guess. Sure as hell aren't expected to win. 

I will say, this is by and far Purdue's best chance to win a national title. Like, it isn't even close. That's just where the college landscape is at the moment. It's pretty clear they are the best team in the B1G and seems pretty clear they are the best team in the country. Maybe we can at least make them a little uncomfortable.

It's an early game so maybe you shouldn't watch or is that late games? If it's late games this is a late afternoon game so maybe skip it. They are ranked #1 so we're not expected to win but we'll play the game and see what happens

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's an early game so maybe you shouldn't watch or is that late games? If it's late games this is a late afternoon game so maybe skip it. They are ranked #1 so we're not expected to win but we'll play the game and see what happens

I'll have all 3 kids to myself this weekend while Mom is on vacation. So it may just end up being background noise or pushed to my phone because Bluey takes priority of course. 

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Back when I had three little ones a game like this would've been a "Why is daddy yelling at the tv?" festival. At least one of them would've been yelling alongside of me.

So that's a good option for you.

I still remember my wife calling me at work to tell me that our then-kindergartner (now 16 year old) son had gotten home from school and demanded to watch the night before-recorded IU vs OSU bball game the year before Cody, when IU sucked. She said he got about mid-way through the second half before turning off the recording and yelling "I can't take it anymore!"

I don't always get it right, but that was some damn good parenting bearing fruit. 

I was the exact same way as a kid lol. At least once I turned about 8 or 9. But my oldest is 4. He likes Dinos. Oldest daughter is almost 3, she like Baby Shark and Bluey(Dad and mom like Bluey too though so it's whatever) and the youngest is 5 months so she'll just watch whatever is moving on the TV. I still have a few years I think before either of the oldest care about basketball being on TV. I mean son will randomly ask to watch basketball, but then 2 minutes later want dinos. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I can help

Edey looks like a Brontosaurus.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Trayce more of the Pterodactyl type

image.pngIndiana Hoosiers' Trayce Jackson-Davis stays hot, carries Hoosiers to First  Four win over Wyoming

This is good stuff Stuhoo.  Regardless if we get brontosaurus stomped, this is good stuff.  

Somehow, someway we will find a way to fly high and shat all over these Purturds.

Woody today -

Logan Duncomb has a major sinus infection and Jordan Geronimo is dealing with a calf strain

on Xavier Johnson's recovery from a broken foot: "He's been out there trying to shoot a little bit. He just got out of the boot. I just don't know. It's hard to say when he's gonna actually be back."  Woodson says Xavier Johnson is out of the boot, but doesn't have a timetable for his return. "If you ask X, he thinks he can play tomorrow."

"I don't mind the fouls if it's fair both ways. I'm telling our guys to be physical and get into the ball and things of that nature. I don't think our team should be punished for that."

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Do we storm the court after our win or just act like we've done it before and get ready for Rutgers?

Those students have never been there before so they are 100 % going to storm the court.   Can’t blame them based on where the program has been during their time.   

28 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Storm it after we beat Jackson State for all I care. Court storms rock (as long as no one gets hurt)

For all I care? When we win this Saturday we should carry Dickie V on the student body's shoulders to Kilroy's for communal beer funnels and proceed to Mackey where we invade and annex West Laffy as a penal colony and/or 500 acre dog poop lot.

And then when the IU women win in Mackey on Sunday, even though we're favored, every IU fan within 50 miles should storm that court too.

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Those students have never been there before so they are 100 % going to storm the court.   Can’t blame them based on where the program has been during their time.   

100% totally agree. I've been around IU basketball since the early 80's and I still love a good court storming. Those are memories these kids will have forever.