Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - Tuesday, 1/31/23 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

3 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

He got his 2nd with about 6 minutes left in the first half and got his 3rd less than 3 minutes into the second half. 

And fouled out...? Why didn't we go at him more? He's had a ton of foul trouble this season, especially in Big 1.o play. He has his first double double of the season against a Power 6 team. That was kind of us.

1 minute ago, TheWatShot said:

Won't be a popular opinion, but this is what happens when you have a player who's thinking more about his draft stock than what needs to be done to win the game. 

I just think his shot wasn’t falling. He just came off a great game and we needed offense tn. Once he starts hitting he hits, rhythm shooter maybe, out of sorts tn, don’t think was just looking to get his

3 minutes ago, Adillac said:

TJD and Jalen, our two star players looked scared and not ready to play.

I think that’s unfair to TJD. He had what? 18 and 20? He didn’t play well, but he played hard. He can’t go for 35-15 and carry us to vic every night. Had the defense of any of our guards shown up to play we might have won that.

2 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Won't be a popular opinion, but this is what happens when you have a player who's thinking more about his draft stock than what needs to be done to win the game. 

Seems like a stretch to me.  I'm not going to play psychic and guess what is going on inside his head.

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

He had a terrible game but to leap to  all he cares about is his draft stock??? 

Not sure what that is based on but if you are correct should we bench him, cut him, is he a bad apple, a cancer???
I don’t get those takes when a talented guy has a bad (admittedly very bad) game.

Edit: when he was sitting on the bench as a junior at Montverde did he only care about the NBA? How about when he helped them win a natty as a distributing senior? His resume has been a team first guy and I am not leaping to the conclusion that changed 180 degrees due to one game in which he missed a ton of shots that he was missing but not forcing.

Seems like a stretch to me.  I'm not going to play psychic and guess what is going on inside his head.

Outside of the OSU game he’s had a lot of bad games recently. This one was the crapper du jour, but he’s been rough a lot. I think he’s looking to get his in a lot of the games. But our team seems to need scorers. I guess he’s trying.

Tonight his sloppy passes and lack of playmaking was the tougher pill to swallow. He seemed nervous to me. Lot of pressure on a young guy. Some thrive in that atmosphere.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Just now, DChoosier said:

He has a terrible game but to leap to  all he cares about is his draft stock??? 

Not sure what that is based on but is you are correct should we bench him, cut him, is he a bad apple, a cancer???
I don’t get those takes when a talented guy has a bad (admittedly very bad) game.

Maybe it was just a bad game, I don't know. But there were a ton of NBA scouts in attendance tonight. Before the season we heard all the buzz about how he was "a one and done kind of guy." I'm sure he was well aware of who was in the building tonight. 

I'm just tired of having guys who have their eyes on the next level. No one talked about this after the Minnesota game, but i hated how Rosemond made that comment about TJD and guys getting drafted over him. I get that was intended to be a compliment, but after winning a game in that fashion, the last thing I'd be thinking about is where is my guy getting drafted. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Outside of the OSU game he’s had a lot of bad games recently. This one was the crapper du jour, but he’s been rough a lot. I think he’s looking to get his in a lot of the games. But our team seems to need scorers. I guess he’s trying.

Tonight his sloppy passes and lack of playmaking was the tougher pill to swallow. He seemed nervous to me. Lot of pressure on a young guy. Some thrive in that atmosphere.

Having a solid culture and environment to bring a player in like that would certainly help. I guess when we're not sure who is coming and going or who is zigging and who is zagging it makes it that much more difficult. The one constant is TJD will get his stats!

We continue to foul a metric **** ton.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Agree.  IU is its best self when JHS is scoring.  People forget how really good he was against Iowa and Northwestern because we lost those games.  Currently he seems to be a guy who seems to really get going if he hits a couple early shots but if not he really, really struggles.  But there isn't an option to put at point guard when he's not playing well.

5 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm just tired of having guys who have their eyes on the next level. No one talked about this after the Minnesota game, but i hated how Rosemond made that comment about TJD and guys getting drafted over him. I get that was intended to be a compliment, but after winning a game in that fashion, the last thing I'd be thinking about is where is my guy getting drafted. 

You do know that a huge recruiting tool is getting guys to the NBA, right?  And after a fourth year guy puts up a 25/21 performance, you shouldn't mention that?