Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - Tuesday, 1/31/23 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So many dumb decisions all game. But the fact we didn’t run plays to shoot 3s or press or foul at the end is the dumbest coaching I’ve seen all year.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We seem to know how to coach when things aren’t naturally working or somebody is having a career night. I would say it’s probably because we don’t know how.  On most nights we are going up against better coaching 

I’m sorry and some will disagree, no offense to Race I think we’re better with him than not, but not like this, not starting and taking the bulk of minutes at the 4. Malik still has work to do to learn how to avoid fouling (though refs are just crap tn), and JG has been up and down, but we played a Hell of a lot better, tougher, quicker, more in your face ball during our strong run with JG and Race. 

Just now, bmitch said:

When you ride and die on a freshman PG, sometimes we’ll lose on freshman games. Obviously not just him but 1-13 shooting stands out.

Let’s keep a chip on our shoulder and prep for Purdue baby

More than anything, that's why we miss X.  In a game like tonight, JHS more than likely would have been on the bench for long streches.  But JHS wasn't playing well and Galloway -- who isn't a natural point guard anyway -- was in foul trouble all game.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So many dumb decisions all game. But the fact we didn’t run plays to shoot 3s or press or foul at the end is the dumbest coaching I’ve seen all year.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

This is another one of five games where we’re just incompetent top to bottom. The bus driver probably took five wrong turns.   

This is a weirdo team. I’ve accepted it. Weirdly, I’m not even the slightest bothered right now. On to Purdue. We could win by ten or lose by 30. Both are equally possible. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

It seems like every Maryland game I've watched this season Reese has been in foul trouble except tonight.

He got his 2nd with about 6 minutes left in the first half and got his 3rd less than 3 minutes into the second half.