Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - Tuesday, 1/31/23 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I agree.  Not on a weekday especially. I probably won’t watch tonight but will set an alarm to check the score 

Is this for real?  What time will you be setting your alarm to check the score?  Are you planning on looking and going back to sleep after?

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh lord.

Stromboli is turning into the board's Ben Simmons and Brass is his PoindexterPurdueSlideRule guy.

The board's general counsel, the esteemed barrister HoosierHoopster will be in touch.

And if that doesn't work we can always send Josh out to break teeth (and WayneFleek to fix them).

I'm in!!  Who am I punching again?

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Will Maryland extend their defense to harass our Frosh PG Shafino?  Their PG is really good.  How is his defense?  Doesn't he cause a lot of turnovers? 

It would, of course, shorten the clock for IU's offense.  And maybe help reduce the time TJD is inside with the ball against their center Reese.  Reese gets into a lot of foul trouble.

It'll be interesting to see who Kopp is defending. I haven't paid much attention to Carey but don't like the matchup with Hart. Reese fouls a lot. Although, if Reese gets in foul trouble do they go completely small to Rutger or PSU us?

I hope our defense is on point and disrupting theirs while we take care of the ball and play inside out. Compete on every possession and we should get another roadie.

33 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Dry January?

Yeah.  Dry red wines and no fructose mixers in my bourbon.  Maybe one decent cube of ice in the 0.75 liters of Four Roses single barrel.

Seriously.

No Old Fashioneds - just straight or on ice for the month.  That works.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh lord.

Stromboli is turning into the board's Ben Simmons and Brass is his PoindexterPurdueSlideRule guy.

The board's general counsel, the esteemed barrister HoosierHoopster will be in touch.

And if that doesn't work we can always send Josh out to break teeth (and WayneFleek to fix them).

2023 rate $475/hour. Bill on the way.

2 hours ago, Josh said:

Is this for real?  What time will you be setting your alarm to check the score?  Are you planning on looking and going back to sleep after?

Yes?  Probably 1130 if the game is still going on then it’s probably a close one or OT and I’ll probably watch. But in my head I’ll check the score and go right back to bed. 

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

It'll be interesting to see who Kopp is defending. I haven't paid much attention to Carey but don't like the matchup with Hart. Reese fouls a lot. Although, if Reese gets in foul trouble do they go completely small to Rutger or PSU us?

I hope our defense is on point and disrupting theirs while we take care of the ball and play inside out. Compete on every possession and we should get another roadie.

Unfortunately, I don't see Galloway or Bates being on Hart much.  Hart is 6'8" so either would be giving up a lot of size.