Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - Tuesday, 1/31/23 @ 9:00 on ESPN2

1901’s Unofficial Depth/Injury Report:

Judging by minutes and what now, Maryland likes to play at least 8 deep during games (Sometimes more in garbage time). The Terps are lead by 6’1 G Jahmir Young averaging 16.0 PPG and is likely Maryland’s best player, 6’9 F Julian Reese is finally in the lineup this season and averages around 10 PPG (fouls a lot recently), 6’8 G Hakim Hart returned back for MD and is having a good season, 6’8 F Donta Scott is also having a good season too for the Terps, transfer 6’5 Don Carey enters the starting lineup and first time playing in 5 years. Looks like they rotate between between 6’3 G Ian Martinez, 6’5 G Jahari Long, and 6’7 Patrick Emilien. But these Terps are different this year around and are a menace in XFINITY Center. However, they also average around 16.6 fouls per game, which has been a problem for them 

Injury report:

Terps have been one of the more healthier teams this season, looks like rotation player Emilien maybe a little banged up, but will play anyways 

Nervous energy about this game. I'm expecting a loss but if they can pull it off that'd be 6 in a row and 3 of those on the road. I would start thinking very highly of this team's potential again. Think this team's confidence is at its highest point this season. Hope they come out quick and keep the crowd quiet.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Nervous energy about this game. I'm expecting a loss but if they can pull it off that'd be 6 in a row and 3 of those on the road. I would start thinking very highly of this team's potential again. Think this team's confidence is at its highest point this season. Hope they come out quick and keep the crowd quiet.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

There will be a large IU following in this, plus cheap tickets

Maryland is such an odd team. They can play like a cellar dweller or a Top 5 B1G team. Much more perimeter oriented than. Gotta keep guys from straight line drives and stay on shooters. Gonna be a tough one for Race. Definitely a winnable game. 

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Can we overcome the home crowd

This is a big question for me. Which Xfinity Center are we stepping into tonight? Maryland is one of the most fickle away arenas I can think of. It's either a top 3 craziest place in the B1G or Penn State. No in between.

25 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

This is a big question for me. Which Xfinity Center are we stepping into tonight? Maryland is one of the most fickle away arenas I can think of. It's either a top 3 craziest place in the B1G or Penn State. No in between.

Considering we’re ranked I’ll bet it’ll be a good crowd tonight 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Does @Illinois Indiana or @Minnesota/Penn State Indiana show up?

my guess is somewhere in the middle. No doubt I think we are better than them. Can we overcome the home crowd/whistle?  Always my biggest concern. 

My primary concern is that teams tend to be comfortable shooting from three in their home gym on their home rims.

Maryland is a perimeter-based team, which makes them that much more dangerous at home.

Everyone knows that Saturday will be the biggest game of the year. I worry about the teams focus on the games on each side of it. Lose tonight because of focus and we could be staring at another three game losing streak. Hope we can be all in tonight, take care of business, and then take down the Boilers. Maturity test straight ahead.

I agree with Seth. If we can overcome their extended defense and not throw the ball all over the place….We’ll Win. For the most part, we’ve been marginal at best bringing it up the floor under pressure. Hope it’s not an issue tonight.

LET’S GOOOOO HOOSIERS!

If anyone is interested…… I’m buying a round of Tortuga soup after the W!

5 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Little nervous that we might overlook MD because we’re focusing on Purdooo . Hopefully Coach Woodson has them thinking straight.

I don’t think we are, fans are probably overlooking inmo, but I think this team is taking each game one at a time 

41 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Going to be a bunch of pissed of Purdues in that thread. I like to browse r/cbb, but they've totally taken it over.

They're ruining the sub.  Even threads that have nothing to do with them, they come in and remind everyone that Purdue exists.  

On Maryland, I'm with everyone else.  I hope we see this team we've seen in the past few weeks.  If that team shows up, we will win.  Or we may lose?  It's going to happen at least a handful more times, I'm not going to freak out if we lose a game we're supposed to lose.

...I'd love a win though.  Avenge Coverdale and the boys for 2002.

1 minute ago, Stromboli said:

They're ruining the sub.  Even threads that have nothing to do with them, they come in and remind everyone that Purdue exists.  

On Maryland, I'm with everyone else.  I hope we see this team we've seen in the past few weeks.  If that team shows up, we will win.  Or we may lose?  It's going to happen at least a handful more times, I'm not going to freak out if we lose a game we're supposed to lose.

*checks Jalen Hood-Schifino's birth date... he was 'negative two years old' for the game he is supposed to avenge!

46 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

This guy is an A+ poster. Can we get a better NIL deal for him to post more?