Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Rutgers - Sunday, 1/29/23 @ 2:00 on B1G+

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Certainly not what we hoped for but we did play much better in the 2nd Q and lead 50-42 at the half.  Brown for Rutgers has 3 fouls and 2 other with 2 each.      Meister 3 fouls; Mack 2

Pts:  Yarden 14; Grace 11; Mack 10; Sydney 8            65% FG   75% on 3s    67% FT

Reb:  Mack 4; Yarden 2; Chloe 3                      IU - 11      RU - 15

Asst:  Grace 5

Rutgers shot 53% in the first half and I'm on record saying that ain't gonna happen in the 2nd half.

A little more unorthodox fight in Rutgers first half.  IU Ladies a little slow to the ball.

I know it “doesn’t work that way” - but someone should unofficially put out a feeler to the Schmeikel girl on Rutgers and see if she’d “hypothetically” be interested in coming to compete with Mack next year to win a national championship instead of living in New Jersey and losing another 20 games on a poor team. 

This was really good game for IU Ladies.  Definitely no ref advantage for sure.  Rutgers is an east coast street ball type team. Rutgers is kind of lanky with some length and physical.

21 minutes ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

I know it “doesn’t work that way” - but someone should unofficially put out a feeler to the Schmeikel girl on Rutgers and see if she’d “hypothetically” be interested in coming to compete with Mack next year to win a national championship instead of losing another 20 games on a poor team. 

I like the 2 guards coming in next year for IU Ladies.

Final:  91-68          8 straight 20 win seasons.  Well done IUWBB.   

Pts:  Mack 21; Grace 21; Sydney 17; Yarden 14           63% FG      61% on 3s       70% FT

Reb:  Mack 6; Sydney 6; Yarden 4                     IU - 27           RU - 28

Asst:  Grace 7; Chloe 5; Yarden 3; Mack 3

After Rutgers' torrid first half shooting, they were just 36% in the second half.

Next up is a Wednesday trip to Minneapolis.  8:00 tipoff on B1G+ (again),

27 minutes ago, TTT said:

I like the 2 guards coming in next year for IU Ladies.

#2 is athletic,  big hips and missed like one deeper 3 ball and mid range in warm ups and she shot a bunch of 3 balls in warm ups.  (Without defense on her)…defense didn’t affect her much during game as well.