Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Ohio State - Saturday, 1/28/23 @ 8:00 on Fox

much, much more talented than Minnesota.  Equally talented to Illinois in my estimation.  Sensabaugh drives the car.  They have other nice pieces.  They aren't playing well at all but the are dangerous and probably hungry.  We should win this one.  Home crowd should be great!  We don't have as obvious of matchup mismatches to take advantage of.  Excited for it.  We need it.

Next week is @ Maryland and home to Purdue.  Going to be a tough week.  

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'm starting to get the itch to go to this game, but I have some money set aside for the upcoming John Mayer solo tour. On the other hand...

POR QUE NO LOS DOS

*clearly trolling for an off-topic tangent comparing the plusses and minuses of John Mayer vs IUBB*

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

*clearly trolling for an off-topic tangent comparing the plusses and minuses of John Mayer vs IUBB*

Comparison of John Mayer vs entire IU basketball team:

More tattoos? Mayer

More under 21 girlfriends? Mayer

Ability to hold a guy named Mayer scoreless? IUBB

Makes people weep with emotion? IUBB

Moves “Swiftly”? Both 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Comparison of John Mayer vs entire IU basketball team:

More tattoos? Mayer

More under 21 girlfriends? Mayer

Ability to hold a guy named Mayer scoreless? IUBB

Makes people weep with emotion? IUBB

Moves “Swiftly”? Both 

Not bad! Although, Mayer has one arm inked and JHS has both.

I'll add:

A 100% guarantee of having a good time for a couple hours? Mayer.

33 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'm starting to get the itch to go to this game, but I have some money set aside for the upcoming John Mayer solo tour. On the other hand...

POR QUE NO LOS DOS

I've never seen him by himself just with the Dead but he's phenomenal. Would love to see his solo tour. I saw that he's not coming to Indiana so where is the closest place?

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I've never seen him by himself just with the Dead but he's phenomenal. Would love to see his solo tour. I saw that he's not coming to Indiana so where is the closest place?

I'm planning on going to St. Louis. Chicago as a backup option and Nashville a distant third. He's great with his band, but his solo shows are something else.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

I'm planning on going to St. Louis. Chicago as a backup option and Nashville a distant third. He's great with his band, but his solo shows are something else.

He can play. And I'm not talking about the ol "Tamar Bates every other time" situation.

Bounce back game for role players, specifically guards. Bates and Galloway are just better @ home which is not abnormal for role players. I like our chances in this one. TJD put on a show against them last year so that sets him up for a 50/30/15/10 stat line Saturday. Seriously though I think everything aligns itself (night home game, TJD, struggling OSU) for a good win.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, eddy4iu said:

I have a great court-level baseline bleacher seat and parking pass needing an IU fan to fill it.  

I'd need 2 and further I have a feeling a seat that good would blow up my Mayer budget!

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Raby - Gus Johnson and Jim Jackson have the call for Saturday night’s national Fox telecast of Indiana vs. Ohio State, 8 p.m., Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.

Oh boy that will be fun, he better wear some ear plugs