Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Ohio State - Saturday, 1/28/23 @ 8:00 on Fox

50 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Statement from IU.

Oddly reminiscent of February 18, 2014…..

An ESPN crew preparing to televise the game caught video of the beam crashing into a seat. It spread quickly on social media, and showed starkly what might have happened had the stands been full for a game. IU described the "metal facing" as measuring about 8 feet by 14 inches.

Strange things happening at AH.

Maybe need to bring in an Indian Shaman to burn some Sage and stuff….

Or fix it all renaming it ..….. ROBERT MONTGOMERY KNIGHT AH!

16 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Thought this at the time and the box score confirms it: what’s interesting about the Banks minutes is that they weren’t really where Geronimo gets his. Tjd, Race, and Malik had 77 of the 80 4/5 minutes, so everything before garbage time. Banks had 12, so at least 9 at the 3.

All of Banks minutes were on the wing. Unless I'm not remembering correctly, I believe all of his minutes were with two of TJD, Race or Reneau also on the court. 

12 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Nice game from Kaleb Banks tonight ladies and gents. 5pts, 7 reb, 1 assist, no TOs. Nice mins for a developing freshman. Was there mistakes, yes, but has to be a confidence booster!

He was lost on defense at times but he certainly played well considering his lack of playing time previously. He seemed to have a nose for rebounds and easy scores. There's obviously a lot of potential to contribute there once he shores up the defense. 

27 minutes ago, BGleas said:

All of Banks minutes were on the wing. Unless I'm not remembering correctly, I believe all of his minutes were with two of TJD, Race or Reneau also on the court. 

Think that’s right, think he came in with Malik and Race, but showed good inside positioning and timing, was right there to corral Race’s miss for his first bucket and then knocked down the FT, showed promise, confidence 

Rewatched the game this morning for an enjoyable Sunday start. The separation came with about 2-3 or so minutes left in the first half, with TJD, Malik, Kopp, JHS, Gallo -- that's when TJD started to take off, with Malik playing a big part, and then Banks came in for Kopp to close the half and JHS hit yet another 3 -- on a kickout by TJD -- 15-0 run with Banks hitting another, and we took off, 46-30 at half.

That should be the starting group, with either Malik or JG we're noticeably better. We started down 9-2, JHS almost single-handedly kept us in the game with his outside shooting (which was beautiful to watch, again). Malik has an excellent jump hook, with his positioning that over the should turn is hard to defend and he gets to that spot so well with his footwork. I'm big on this team and largely the staff, but the insistence on playing experience is an achilles' heel. MD is 11-1 at home (not a great team but a heck of a lot better at home and far better than Minn), then comes PU. Hope not to see slow starts.

We really needed this win since we've got a tough 2 game stretch this week.
At Maryland will be challenging, as they are certainly no slouch.
Then of course Purdue. 2-0 is definitely not out of the question, but then again neither is 0-2.
Need to get 1. I'm actually more optimistic we beat PU than MD. MD 5-0 @home in conference.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Need to get 1. I'm actually more optimistic we beat PU than MD. MD 5-0 @home in conference.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

If we can get both and Iowa has a good week we will be #2 in the conference. Need a ton of help if we have any hope of catching Purdue though. 

4 hours ago, IU - Kaulie said:

There is a good reason.  He is a shooting threat.  Simple as that.  Having been to almost every home game teams don’t leave him unless their is a breakdown.  His mere presence on the perimeter creates much needed space for us to get into the things we want to do.

I agree with this + it seems that when he's on the court the defense is more connected. He took criticism for 1.5 years & now when he's out there it seems like he's tough. He's embraced contact/rubbing since the New Year. At the end of the game last night it was all young guys and Kopp on the floor - there is a reason for that 

55 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If we can get both and Iowa has a good week we will be #2 in the conference. Need a ton of help if we have any hope of catching Purdue though. 

Yep. A conference title seems pretty much out of reach. We'd have to sweep Purdue, and at some point someone else needs to freakin beat them too.

At this point, my hope for IU is just to stack wins while getting healthier. I don't want to head into the BTT needing a win in order to not be sweating it out on Selection Sunday.

5 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

I agree with this + it seems that when he's on the court the defense is more connected. He took criticism for 1.5 years & now when he's out there it seems like he's tough. He's embraced contact/rubbing since the New Year. At the end of the game last night it was all young guys and Kopp on the floor - there is a reason for that 

How about the one in the first half where his man ran baseline to the other side of the court and he was 10 minutes late? The one where he continues to get beat or has to foul because he's out of position?

He spreads the floor for players to work the lane. He takes a hot minute to get his shot off that's why he racks up 30+ shot fakes a game but only a few shots.

There is a reason his defensive rating is really poor. He spreads the floor though.

11 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Yep. A conference title seems pretty much out of reach. We'd have to sweep Purdue, and at some point someone else needs to freakin beat them too.

At this point, my hope for IU is just to stack wins while getting healthier. I don't want to head into the BTT needing a win in order to not be sweating it out on Selection Sunday.

At the very least this team needs to have the the double bye in the BTT (Top 4 seed). Have the talent and in position to do so. 

13 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

How about the one in the first half where his man ran baseline to the other side of the court and he was 10 minutes late? The one where he continues to get beat or has to foul because he's out of position?

He spreads the floor for players to work the lane. He takes a hot minute to get his shot off that's why he racks up 30+ shot fakes a game but only a few shots.

There is a reason his defensive rating is really poor. He spreads the floor though.

You're right I'm wrong 

36 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I mean if Edey gets hurt they will struggle but yes we would have to beat them and continuing to win. I’d say we need to go at worst 8-2 with 2 wins against Purdue and have Edey get injured if we want any chance. 

This hopefully will teach the younger kids that every game matters and they have to bring the effort. Had we held on at Iowa and not refused to try against Northwestern we would be very much in the mix still