Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Ohio State - Saturday, 1/28/23 @ 8:00 on Fox

1 minute ago, Dave from Dayton said:

OK...I'm confused.  Key's knee and shoulder...and Okpara's foot...are available for the game.

Hope the rest of those two can't be there.

Key was likely going to play but he is like 50% right now. I’m Okpara no ideas since he had a boot on for most of the week

Key got injured in the first five minutes against Purdue, and OSU had to double team Edey the rest of the game. The result was Purdue getting wide open shots and hitting 13 threes. People wondered why Tom Izzo didn't double Edey when MSU played them...that might have had something to do with it. 

Does anyone know why Coach Ya kept Reneau on the bench against Minny?  It probably was posted but I missed it.  Reneau had 10 before the half and I didn't see him return in the 2nd half.
We need a PG at 100%.  What's the latest on Shafino?
We need the whole team.  So does OSU.  Who is going to step up?
I posted this from post game coach Ya

No, he wasn't injured. I think it was a match-up deal. We put him in in the second half, and a couple of times he…they were playing small, so it was just a tough matchup for him. And actually, when he came off the floor I talked to him about it. I pulled him to the side and said, “Look big fella, there's nothing that you're doing wrong, but the matchups.” They just kept driving us and getting fouls and getting fouls, and we were getting in foul trouble, and we were giving them easy baskets, so we had to kind of downsize a little bit so we could play these guys on the perimeter and switch. I think that gave us the best chance to win. But it was nothing against him. It was nothing that he did he did wrong. He contributed in the first half and his contribution was great.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

You should care. Quad 1 wins are a good thing. 

Meh.  I am just concerned about us winning.  Tired of depending on the results of other teams deciding our NCAAT chances.  

1 minute ago, Rico said:

Meh.  I am just concerned about us winning.  Tired of depending on the results of other teams deciding our NCAAT chances.  

On top of that, it's conference play. O$U could remain a quad 1 game but them remaining a quad 1 could come at the cost of another team we play being a quad 1 game. Our seeding has a lot more to do with what we do than what others do on our schedule.

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

On top of that, it's conference play. O$U could remain a quad 1 game but them remaining a quad 1 could come at the cost of another team we play being a quad 1 game. Our seeding has a lot more to do with what we do than what others do on our schedule.

We just need to take care of our own business and let the other stuff work itself out.

Say what?!?!?! Would be a nice surprise to get him into the game for brief moments

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

After watching video I'm not so sure he isn't just getting a couple shots up. He didn't look healthy to me

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk