Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

GoHoosiers1996

Big Ten Network

1. Will they improve their “sports center” broadcasts? Revsine is horrible, and tonight I heard a former Purdue player say “points in the plaint”

2. Will they stop broadcasting mens basketball - Nebraska at Minnesota when # 6 IU women are playing? Talk about promoting your conference in total. 

3. Why do they broadcast mens hockey and mens wrestling (wtf) instead of more women’s sports?

4. why in the off-season does every football replay have to be Michigan or OSU?

This is my opinion; just what I see.

Anyone else agree in part or all?

Edited by GoHoosiers1996

8 hours ago, GoHoosiers1996 said:

1. Will they improve their “sports center” broadcasts? Revsine is horrible, and tonight I heard a former Purdue player say “points in the plaint”

2. Will they stop broadcasting mens basketball - Nebraska at Minnesota when # 6 IU women are playing? Talk about promoting your conference in total. 

3. Why do they broadcast mens hockey and mens wrestling (wtf) instead of more women’s sports?

4. why in the off-season does every football replay have to be Michigan or OSU?

This is my opinion; just what I see.

Anyone else agree in part or all?

1) It seems a few years ago, there was an edict to spend as little money on production and other programming so that every possible penny can be given to the schools. 

2) Networks always finish the game currently broadcasting instead of going to the next game whether its 'better' in recognition or quality. IU had a cupcake game last year that no one saw the first half of cuz of a volleyball game that went forever.

3) I think that's cuz there's a dearth of women's sports in the winter. The women's sports I know of that anyone would watch are in the fall or spring.

4) Cuz its been the B1g 2 for 100 years bordering on B1g 1.0 recently.

7 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

What I don't like is that when the BTN first started, there were multiple channels of televised games when conference teams were playing at once.....doesn't happen now.

I still have overflow channels but they only have different games in football season.

Just now, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I want more T and F also, mainly outdoor. I was pleasantly surprised to see an indoor meet on Saturday that was televised.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

You could do them both, more, very easily. 

And in the MOST respectful way possible--- I would watch about anything over TnF lol 

Other dislikes- golf, reality TV, Communism, lima beans 

You could do them both, more, very easily. 
And in the MOST respectful way possible--- I would watch about anything over TnF lol 
Other dislikes- golf, reality TV, Communism, lima beans 
Everyone is different. Lol. I used to despise track and field until my daughter started running in junior high. I learned to love it. I even clerk the meets at our local HS. This year will be my 16th year.

1 minute ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Everyone is different. Lol. I used to despise track and field until my daughter started running in junior high. I learned to love it. I even clerk the meets at our local HS. This year will be my 16th year.

Oh toughness wise? Way easier to play football than run track. Couldn't do it. Track runners/XC runners.. incredibly impressive athletes. 

Got in trouble my JR year.. Head football coach was the "sprint" coach... they made me run track as a punishment. 

I'd rather been sent to Siberia. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

those-are-fightin-words-neil-degrasse.gi

Aaaaahahahahaha.. I knew I'd get a couple of you fellas riled up! 

I get it. Just not my cup of tea. Big UFC guy, I'll watch hockey. HUGE college baseball guy first, though. Like.. tailgate at my house kind of s***. 

I wish I could post emojis. 

Anyways.. you're big into PGA.. heard of Chris Baker? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Aaaaahahahahaha.. I knew I'd get a couple of you fellas riled up! 

I get it. Just not my cup of tea. Big UFC guy, I'll watch hockey. HUGE college baseball guy first, though. Like.. tailgate at my house kind of s***. 

I wish I could post emojis. 

Anyways.. you're big into PGA.. heard of Chris Baker? 

Loved watching MMA live sans massive Samoans wanting to smash your face in because you're a haole. Enjoy baseball too. Hockey isn't really my thing - too cold.

I haven't. I love playing golf more than watching but will have the PGA events on while doing other things. Who is he?

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Loved watching MMA live sans massive Samoans wanting to smash your face in because you're a haole. Enjoy baseball too. Hockey isn't really my thing - too cold.

I haven't. I love playing golf more than watching but will have the PGA events on while doing other things. Who is he?

From my hometown.. if he's doing well I will absolutely turn the event on.