Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Ohio State - Thursday, 1/26/23 @ 8:30 on BTN

2 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Clearly I don't watch WBB much but man you handle the #2 team like that (I know they lost at home to Iowa) you deserve your arena to be opened up fully and whatever top 5 ranking you get.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The arena was 'fully opened up'. The TV screwed up. If 17,222 (capacity of Assembly Hall) show up for a women's game they can all get in. There are no sections closed or roped off. Even the balcony was open if needed tonight but only two people up there. Lower bowl was 90% full. 

Also IU's only loss is to Michigan State. Have not played Iowa yet.

3 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

They tend to cap off attendance for women's basketball due to lowered standards, but if we are able to build something here, we may want to consider opening things more.

It's not capped. TV made an error. They can put the same 17,222 in there the men do if that many showed up. No sections are closed or roped off. Even balcony was opened if needed but only two people were up there. Lower level 90% full.

The 3rd quarter:  "It was the largest scoring margin any team has had over a top-2 opponent in a single quarter since women's basketball went to quarters in the 2015-16 season, according to ESPN Stats & Information research."

The IU IU LADIES BASKETBALL PROGRAM is a BEAUTIFUL THING.

The Mackenzie Holmes journey has become a GREAT AMBASSADOR representing IU on the court, off the court, in season, off season with teammates.   Her journey is a GREAT example of a student athlete or any student ENJOYING the APEX in the college experience.

7 hours ago, J34 said:

I believe they said we were 6-0 against top 25, and 4-0 vs top 10. They should be ranked #2.

It will be interesting to see how the voters react to what we've done. No. 3 Stanford probably won't lose. No. 4 LSU is unbeaten and done for the week (after a 38-point destruction of Alabama). And No. 5 UConn is -- well, UConn. They've obviously built up a ton of cachet over the years. And we got OSU coming off a loss. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we only moved up to No. 5. 

First things first, though -- let's beat Rutgers on Sunday. 

15 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

It will be interesting to see how the voters react to what we've done. No. 3 Stanford probably won't lose. No. 4 LSU is unbeaten and done for the week (after a 38-point destruction of Alabama). And No. 5 UConn is -- well, UConn. They've obviously built up a tone of cachet over the years. And we got OSU off a loss. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we only moved up to No. 5. 

First things first, though -- let's beat Rutgers on Sunday. 

No question in my mind. We will only be 5th next week, assuming we win Sunday. The polling ppl have already shown, you don't drop unless you lose. 

The arena was 'fully opened up'. The TV screwed up. If 17,222 (capacity of Assembly Hall) show up for a women's game they can all get in. There are no sections closed or roped off. Even the balcony was open if needed tonight but only two people up there. Lower bowl was 90% full. 
Also IU's only loss is to Michigan State. Have not played Iowa yet.
Was referring to OSU having just lost at home to Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk