Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Ohio State - Thursday, 1/26/23 @ 8:30 on BTN

Let's make it 3 in a row over ranked teams.  Buckeyes lost their first game of the season last night to Iowa so it's a 3-way tie for the lead in the conference with us, O$U and Iowa all 8-1, followed by Maryland 7-2, and Michigan 6-3.

Radio

Live Stats

I love how when Iowas wins, or wins a good game, they move up - with 4 losses. We win 2 road games against ranked teams, and we stay at 6. LSU has played nobody, and I mean nobody, but they are ranked above us. I think we will beat OSU, but it will be interesting to see what that does for us. I guess it doesn’t matter. Our women’s team is special, they should get some respect and coverage. 

I think?  rankings come out on Mondays before IU Ladies win over Michigan and OSU loss vs Iowa.  An IU Ladies win vs OSU will move IU Ladies up….should be top 4.  

9 hours ago, GoHoosiers1996 said:

I love how when Iowas wins, or wins a good game, they move up - with 4 losses. We win 2 road games against ranked teams, and we stay at 6. LSU has played nobody, and I mean nobody, but they are ranked above us. I think we will beat OSU, but it will be interesting to see what that does for us. I guess it doesn’t matter. Our women’s team is special, they should get some respect and coverage. 

Oh wow. You're right. LSU has played NO one. 

Just in general.. the B1GW > SECW by a lot this season. 

30 minutes ago, TTT said:

I think?  rankings come out on Mondays before IU Ladies win over Michigan and OSU loss vs Iowa.  An IU Ladies win vs OSU will move IU Ladies up….should be top 4.  

I expect that many/most voters update their weekly rankings by looking at the results for that week only, and adjust their prior week's submission accordingly. 

When looking at #6 IU for next week's voting, if they see:

• At #13 Michigan: W 92-83 
  • Vs #2 Ohio State: W 

That oughta play

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I expect that many/most voters update their weekly rankings by looking at the results for that week only, and adjust their prior week's submission accordingly. 

When looking at #6 IU for next week's voting, if they see:

• At #13 Michigan: W 92-83 
  • Vs #2 Ohio State: W 

That oughta play

I think ESPN has us the #2 overall seed, currently. 

Take care of business tomorrow night and.. goodness. Would just be a great spot to be in. 

16 minutes ago, TTT said:

IU Ladies end regular season with a pretty brutal 6 game stretch (if Purdue included).

For our women's bball team, Puredoo is:

• A brutal campus
  • A brutally low-class fan base

But the games will be a pleasure.

As Yarden said "I traveled over 3,000 miles to say "F*** Purdue."

4 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

We'll be there and early for good seats 

Should be a huge crowd and the students are getting in free.

As excited about this as I've been with the men's program.These ladies are the real deal.

Hey…How early do you think equals good seats?