Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Minnesota - Wednesday, 1/25/23 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

I believe that a team's successes happen when individuals are held accountable.  Don't you?

Bates was completely unfocused last night, both ends. TG couldn't understand where and when he was suppose to attack the zone on multiple sets.... we didn't convert a couple of bunnies (the first play of the game) that we normally do.... and our All World FR PG ... stunk it up two games in a row.

What does "hold them accountable" mean? Bench them? put them on trial?... we benched all of them for stretches, but have to play one of TG or JHS. 

Team successes? we've won 4 in a row. SO confused. 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Perhaps so, that's why I wondered aloud if I was reading it wrong.  How do you interpret it differently?

This was the quote from Hoosier Huddle that monskisprodigy posted.   "Rosemond wasn’t running the show completely alone. He said assistant coaches Kenya Hunter and Brian Walsh handled substitutadions, so he could focus on the game’s flow, coaching the team on the floor, and executing the game plan."

Rosemond was the man in charge because he'd had the game scout.  I think the general first half substitution patterns had already been determined (fouls and injuries notwithstanding) and it was Hunter and Walsh's job to see that those took place as planned allowing Ya to focus solely on the action on the court.  At halftime, they made their substitution plan for the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Bates was completely unfocused last night, both ends. TG couldn't understand where and when he was suppose to attack the zone on multiple sets.... we didn't convert a couple of bunnies (the first play of the game) that we normally do.... and our All World FR PG ... stunk it up two games in a row.

What does "hold them accountable" mean? Bench them? put them on trial?... we benched all of them for stretches, but have to play one of TG or JHS. 

Accountability is calling out what went poorly to the individual so that they correct their actions in order to achieve team success.

I can tell you're confused

Just now, Josh said:

Accountability is calling out what went poorly to the individual so that they correct their actions in order to achieve team success.

I can tell you're confused

You've failed to make a point here. You're complaining about something you have no idea about and then claiming THAT was reason we almost lost. Insane. 

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

Your response is pretty sparky but I'll allow it lol.

You watch more teams play basketball than I do, is this common practice?  To let assistants decide substitutions?

My bad for being snarky. Shouldn't have done that. It's just that IMO your stance on this is making assumptions that the coaches aren't working together, when clearly they were. 

I have no idea if other teams do this, but I don't think it's totally abnormal. 

1-4  and 2-4 from the line for 4 points, 4 boards, in 24 minutes. 3 blocks were good defensively. He was just bad offensively.
Malik, 10 points  on 4-5 and 2-2 from the line with a board and a block in 12 min -- and 0 TO's and 1 foul.
JG, coming off the bench, got in only 5-6 min, 1 board, 1 assist, but 2 TOs and 2 fouls took him out. He's clearly shown over the past several games what he can bring.

JG was very bad in his limited minutes. If someone other than Race were to play it would've been MR.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Relax. Breathe. All is good brother IU is winning. Do you care how? Life will be a lot more enjoyable when you simply take in the good. One of the only things Bob Knight was wrong about is the power in negative thinking - there is none. 

Edit: Sorry QB. Shouldn’t have quoted you here

Edited by realTomCrean

I haven’t watched the game yet so I won’t comment on how IU looked or should have looked but I will say I’m not surprised it was a struggle.    Minny might be the worst team in the league but they still have a pulse.   Players that were able to play are on scholarship for a reason and their coaches get paid a lot of money to try and win games as well.   Thry struggled mightily with Purdue and Illinois but the other games this month have all been battles.   3 point loss at Wisky, OT loss to Nebraska, beat OSU on the road, 4 point loss to Michigan on the road and 4 point home loss to IU.    College  Basketball at its finest.    This won’t be the last time IU struggles with a lesser team 

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

You've failed to make a point here. You're complaining about something you have no idea about and then claiming THAT was reason we almost lost. Insane. 

Oh...You're the one which knows everything and I'm the one who knows nothing about what's going on.  Got it, thanks!

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

My bad for being snarky. Shouldn't have done that. It's just that IMO your stance on this is making assumptions that the coaches aren't working together, when clearly they were. 

I have no idea if other teams do this, but I don't think it's totally abnormal. 

I appreciate sparky, I'm usually living there myself.  I'm just not used to hearing it from you lol.

9 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Relax. Breathe. All is good brother IU is winning. Do you care how? Life will be a lot more enjoyable when you simply take in the good. One of the only things Bob Knight was wrong about is the power in negative thinking - there is none. 

Hold on, hold on. That post was taken out of context... my point with that post was---- players play. They decide the games, that's all. 

Idc at all how we won last night. Promise the bold wasn't needed. 

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

Oh...You're the one which knows everything and I'm the one who knows nothing about what's going on.  Got it, thanks!

If that's what you took from it, sure. 

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I was yelling at the TV for Malik to get some minutes in the 2nd half like everyone else. JG someone. Sounds like we went with the veterans. 

Race D was good. 

Our guards brought nothing to the game last night Trey, JHS or Bates.

Woody is expected to coach Saturday night

user generated

I thought Race was pretty good in the second half.  The first half was horrible for him.

12 hours ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

This is why they should have just said, "out with the flu". It would stop these "assumptions" and we all just MAN up.  

Not sure what you talking about with the ‘man up’.  The reality is if a player or coach has Covid they are out.  You don’t have to like it but it’s the reality. 

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Hold on, hold on. That post was taken out of context... my point with that post was---- players play. They decide the games, that's all. 

Idc at all how we won last night. Promise the bold wasn't needed. 

Yes. Totally my fault I read the entire thread after commenting.