Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Minnesota - Wednesday, 1/25/23 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

I was on Coach Ya (I think like the rest of the fan base), about not getting Malik back in. 

Saw this posted in a Hoosier Huddle Article. Appears sub patterns were not in Ya, and Woodson even encourage him pre game to run his own sets and plays out of timeouts.

"Rosemond wasn’t running the show completely alone. He said assistant coaches Kenya Hunter and Brian Walsh handled substitutions, so he could focus on the game’s flow, coaching the team on the floor, and executing the game plan."

7 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I was on Coach Ya (I think like the rest of the fan base), about not getting Malik back in. 

Saw this posted in a Hoosier Huddle Article. Appears sub patterns were not in Ya, and Woodson even encourage him pre game to run his own sets and plays out of timeouts.

"Rosemond wasn’t running the show completely alone. He said assistant coaches Kenya Hunter and Brian Walsh handled substitutions, so he could focus on the game’s flow, coaching the team on the floor, and executing the game plan."

I'm in the 'take the win' camp.  But yes, substitutions (mostly lack thereof) were the biggest issue for me.  Hopefully that will be a strong point of emphasis for the coaching staff if Woody misses another game.

Does anybody remember the Minny chokehold your teammate shot for an insane 2 point bucket ? 

See, that’s what IU is up against time and time again. The opposing team  throws up a sloppy prayer and it goes in!

Stop the nonsense!

However, the ball did bounce our way when Kopp got on the floor to secure it and alertly called a timeout. 

Albeit…. It tried it’s damndest NOT to bounce our way.

GO HOOSIERS!

I was yelling at the TV for Malik to get some minutes in the 2nd half like everyone else. JG someone. Sounds like we went with the veterans. 

Race D was good. 

Our guards brought nothing to the game last night Trey, JHS or Bates.

Woody is expected to coach Saturday night

user generated

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I was yelling at the TV for Malik to get some minutes in the 2nd half like everyone else. JG someone. Sounds like we went with the veterans. 

Race D was good. 

user generated

While I thought Race looked fine last night, a plus 9 when the team was plus 4 is good but not a revelation.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Race D was good. 

user generated

The +9 helps explain that some then. He was just out of sync on offense, looked unsure, slow and slow to get off the ground. On defense I can remember several plays where he kept his verticality on drives, and played good defense. 

I would also like to give Miller Kopps some high praise. That kid played 40 minutes and busted his butt. Knocked down several big shots, and made a potentially game winning dive on that ball and got the timeout. 

My biggest issue from the game...JHS is unwilling to go after loose balls...

23 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

The +9 helps explain that some then. He was just out of sync on offense, looked unsure, slow and slow to get off the ground. On defense I can remember several plays where he kept his verticality on drives, and played good defense. 

I would also like to give Miller Kopps some high praise. That kid played 40 minutes and busted his butt. Knocked down several big shots, and made a potentially game winning dive on that ball and got the timeout. 

I agree, I told my wife he's thinking about his NBA career and not diving on a loose ball. 

Well, the good news is that if Woody can't coach against the Bucknuts, it won't be Ya in charge.

No player in Division I men's college basketball had 25+ points, 20+ rebounds, and 6+ blocks in a game this season until tonight.

Coach Ya post-game on Malik's lack of playing time.

43 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I agree, I told my wife he's thinking about his NBA career and not diving on a loose ball. 

JHS wasn't alone in that for the majority of the game. That had all the feels of knowing we were superior to them and just wanting to make it through the game. NW game repeated minus the outcome.