Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Minnesota - Wednesday, 1/25/23 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

Just now, reconmkd said:

Just that the goophers were playing small and he felt that there was bad match ups for MR.

Thanks. That’s fair, I guess, but Reneau used that to his advantage in the first half on the offensive end. It doesn’t really explain Geronimo either, but at  least coach Ya had a working theory….that worked. :)

1 minute ago, mbredenk101 said:

Maybe this logic of his would hold more weight if MR wasn't our best player in the first half...

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

Not to mention that “just off knee injury” Race isn’t exactly the best counter to a team playing small ball.

Glad we won but horrendous coaching by the staff.  This should serve as a reminder for Woody to go out and get a bona fide coach in case this happens again. If we were playing against any other team outside of a depleted (already bad) Minnesota team…we lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to assume that Woodson is out Saturday and potentially Tuesday at Maryland.  Since the IU announcement was that he was recovering from covid (rather than just asymptomatic and positive), I have to think that they'll be more cautious before bringing him in contact with players.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I have to assume that Woodson is out Saturday and potentially Tuesday at Maryland.  Since the IU announcement was that he was recovering from covid (rather than just asymptomatic and positive), I have to think that they'll be more cautious before bringing him in contact with players.

Rosemond mentioned post game that he is already near a full recovery from it. But yes, very questionable for Saturday 

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Rosemond mentioned post game that he is already near a full recovery from it. But yes, very questionable for Saturday 

He could be back, if he is already almost over it should mean that he had a light case and should be ok by Saturday. Had a boss with it 2 weeks ago pretty bad but only missed like 4 days. 

2 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

He could be back, if he is already almost over it should mean that he had a light case and should be ok by Saturday. Had a boss with it 2 weeks ago pretty bad but only missed like 4 days. 

He looked pretty energetic in his FT appearance after the win

21 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Glad we won but horrendous coaching by the staff.  This should serve as a reminder for Woody to go out and get a bona fide coach in case this happens again. If we were playing against any other team outside of a depleted (already bad) Minnesota team…we lose.

And mostly because our players sucked!

Malik was 4/5 with 10 points in only 12 minutes (would have liked for him to get 20 or so minutes tonight). 

I was surprised  to see Race only played 23 minutes. He played so much in the second half it seemed as though he played well over 30.

TJD 39 minutes, Kopp 40 and JHS played 38.

Everyone crapping on Race but dude was pretty much awesome defensively I'm the 2nd half. I'm guessing that and the MN home thing were why he played so much. That said MR deserved more minutes in 2nd half especially when we're struggling offensively.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

This is why they should have just said, "out with the flu". It would stop these "assumptions" and we all just MAN up.