Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Minnesota - Wednesday, 1/25/23 @ 9:00 ET on BTN

2 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

I’m glad Race has recovered from injury, but not ready for heavy mins. MR and JG should have played in the second half. We flow much better without Race or their going to have to push Race out to the 3 cause he did nothing but clog the lane for TJD.

Yep.  They forced race in this game because it was minny

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Put the entire team on his back. He tries to be a leader in everyway.

JHS hero ball and everyone else was scared… it almost cost us a game.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I would say Reneau played a good first half and Kopp was okay.  But yeah, JHS struggling now.  Kind of like Reneau is starting to get over the freshman wall but JHS has entered.

Guard play TB/JHS/TG was terrible.

Coaching was even worse (Malik looks good in the first half but  sits in the second while Race plays (I think) all 20 in the second half).

HOWEVER…..we got the W and move on to the next. Been a lot of years since we have played like this (albeit against a depleted bad team) on the road but still got the W. Losing would have really been a bummer.

I am trying to figure out what exactly was going on. Malik basically was the only reason we were in it at halftime as he had 10 points and played pretty solid. Leading scorer I believe? Why didn't he get much run second half

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, DoctorP said:

Witnessing a legendary stretch here from TJD. Reminding myself to take a breath and appreciate, guy is setting records each time out. What a player

I’m penning a strongly worded letter the next time he fails to get a double double. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Put the entire team on his back. He tries to be a leader in everyway.

JHS hero ball and everyone else was scared… it almost cost us a game.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He had a monster game with 25 points and 20 boards. Watching him go up in the first half, the turnovers, the free throws was all half assed. That's not good enough for this team.

We get into these funks and make dumb mistakes, don't get to loose balls, miss easy buckets, etc.

Sort of what I was thinking. Glad it didn’t cost us the game. It easily could have. Still can’t believe Geronimo and reneau didn’t see more time in the 2nd half. 
I pray we didn't play race just because it was his hometown. But also may be most plausible reason lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, monskisprodigy said:

TJD is putting up numbers we haven’t seen from a player in…decades. 

Case in point…tonight’s performance made him the First player with 25 points, 20 rebounds and 5 blocks in a game since Hasheem Thabeet in 2009.

Really wild what he is doing right now. 

He’s ok

:)

4 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I would say Reneau played a good first half and Kopp was okay.  But yeah, JHS struggling now.  Kind of like Reneau is starting to get over the freshman wall but JHS has entered.

They’re letting him do too much. He needs to dial it back and facilitate. Take what the defense gives him but focus more on setting up his teammates rather than press to get shots up. We need X back in a real bad way.