Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

20 hours ago, KingPG21 said:

Yah losing 5 of 6, with that only being broken by beating a horrible Butler team. Probably just east coast bias

It helps to have all your losses at once. If they spread that out over 5 weeks they’d probably be out of the poll.

52 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

We had pretty much all of our losses at once, right? It was those 3 that kicked us out.

Not by a weekly count. We had losses in 5 separate weeks, meaning we moved down 4 times and eventually out.   Oddly enough we weren’t penalized for the AZ loss or we’d have been out sooner. UConn has moved down 4 times, but they started falling at a higher spot than us so they’re only at 18. 

UConn also started out of the poll and climbed to #2, whereas we started at like 14. Not sure we have much of an argument vis-a-vis Uconn. Kenpom still has them at 6th and a 7pt favorite over us. 

Some of that is a testament to the utility, or lack thereof, of both polls and statistics. Because of UConn and IU played tomorrow I’d be happy to take IU and the 7pts or even straight up. 

2 hours ago, str8baller said:

Not by a weekly count. We had losses in 5 separate weeks, meaning we moved down 4 times and eventually out.   Oddly enough we weren’t penalized for the AZ loss or we’d have been out sooner. UConn has moved down 4 times, but they started falling at a higher spot than us so they’re only at 18. 

UConn also started out of the poll and climbed to #2, whereas we started at like 14. Not sure we have much of an argument vis-a-vis Uconn. Kenpom still has them at 6th and a 7pt favorite over us. 

Some of that is a testament to the utility, or lack thereof, of both polls and statistics. Because of UConn and IU played tomorrow I’d be happy to take IU and the 7pts or even straight up. 

I get the weekly thing but we were up there in the teens before we lost 3 in a row and out we go. Now we've won 3 in a row and are just outside being ranked with 60-plus votes. UCONN is an interesting team, they looked absolutely fantastic early, their high ranking was justified. But things happen, and up and down we all go.

1 hour ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Hopefully not in it yet. Keep the guys hungry. Also more embarrassing for Purdue when we beat them this week

I hope we beat them,  but they are good.  They have a deep bench too.  The only thing we have over them is experience.  They seem to rely heavily on freshman guards too, I know we have one too but they have 2 starting guards that are freshman.  

Wouldn’t it be embarrassing enough for them to lose to a team ranked 25th?  

I think Charleston drops out of the top 25.  Home loss to Hofstra could push them out even if they were at 18.

Teams between Charleston and IU last week:

• U Conn played once, losing at home to #13 Xavier
  • Miami played twice, beating Florida State and losing at Pittsburgh
  • Florida Atlantic did not lose
  • St. Mary's did not lose
  • Providence did not lose
  • Clemson did not lose
  • New Mexico lost to Nevada and beat Air Force

For teams outside the top 25, Duke had more votes than IU but lost a game.  San Diego State was close to IU in votes and beat Utah State and San Jose State.

By default, the assumption is that IU moves ahead of both Duke and New Mexico.  San Diego State's wins were pretty equivalent to IU's and likely doesn't see them go past IU.  The question would seem to be if IU were able to pass U Conn or MIami.  Given U Conn's current streak, I could see IU eeking ahead of the Huskies possibly.

I have to think IU is 23 or 24.  They should pass New Mexico and I think they'll pass Charleston and maybe U Conn.  Floor would be 25, ceiling 22.