Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ Michigan - Monday, 1/23/23 @ 8:15 on BTN

8 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

(17-1) (7-1) Hoosiers vs. Michigan (16-3) (6-2) on the road in Ann Arbor.   Then 3 days later we host O$U so it's gonna be a tough week but our team is healthy and really focused on what it takes to win.

Radio

Live Stats

Conversely, OSU has a home game against ranked Iowa on Monday followed by a road game against us three days later.

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

(17-1) (7-1) Hoosiers vs. Michigan (16-3) (6-2) on the road in Ann Arbor.   Then 3 days later we host O$U so it's gonna be a tough week but our team is healthy and really focused on what it takes to win.

Radio

Live Stats

It’s a challenging two game tilt, but I think with this team, it’s not so much daunting as it is another good opportunity to cement our status as a national title contender. When you’re an elite team capable of winning against anybody, these matchups are less “oh no, potentially two losses” and more of a chance to keep upping expectations for this group. 

Realistically, we need to get a 1-seed in the tourney to have a good chance of reaching the final four. It’s just such a wide chasm in the women’s game between the top four programs and everyone else. I love our group and they play such great basketball. But beating South Carolina in Greenville, or UCONN in Bridgeport, or Stanford out West… It’s just a really tall ask, even with our talent. Having to do that in a Sweet Sixteen game or Elite Eight game isn’t what this team wants if it is going to take the next step as a program and get a Final Four appearance. 

So I fully expect two W’s this week. We are THAT team, who can win big games and should expect to because that’s what a program like SC/UCONN/Stanford would expect to do. And that’s who we want to elevate our program to be mentioned with. LFG ladies!!

9 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

It’s a challenging two game tilt, but I think with this team, it’s not so much daunting as it is another good opportunity to cement our status as a national title contender. When you’re an elite team capable of winning against anybody, these matchups are less “oh no, potentially two losses” and more of a chance to keep upping expectations for this group. 

Realistically, we need to get a 1-seed in the tourney to have a good chance of reaching the final four. It’s just such a wide chasm in the women’s game between the top four programs and everyone else. I love our group and they play such great basketball. But beating South Carolina in Greenville, or UCONN in Bridgeport, or Stanford out West… It’s just a really tall ask, even with our talent. Having to do that in a Sweet Sixteen game or Elite Eight game isn’t what this team wants if it is going to take the next step as a program and get a Final Four appearance. 

So I fully expect two W’s this week. We are THAT team, who can win big games and should expect to because that’s what a program like SC/UCONN/Stanford would expect to do. And that’s who we want to elevate our program to be mentioned with. LFG ladies!!

As good as the big ten is up and down the top half…IU Ladies need to win them all.  Illinois is first one down.  Yes, Stanford, Uconn, and let the IU Ladies know if someone finds a potion to beat South Carolina.  LSU and everyone else including IU Ladies are pretty beatable…just whoever has the best game and whoever shots go down. (I would put UCONN and Stanford in this category as well to a lesser extent).