Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Michigan State - Sunday, 1/22/23 @ Noon on CBS

Looking forward to Weds game at Minnesota, and continuously hearing how Danny DeVito likes getting wet on Jersey Mike Commercials.

Minnesota is not good but they did beat OSU and have lost three conference games by three or less. Can’t take anything for granted. Need to bring the defense to Minneapolis. 

18 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Glad to see the team making adjustments. Such a shame we lost our chance to compete for a title because 2 bad weeks in conference.  Idk who knows maybe Edey will get hurt or hit a wall 

Yeah, 3 games in the loss column may be too much. But as nasty as he is, you can get work done against Edey. There’s a game plan there. If X is back and near 100% by the W Lafayette game at the of next month, IU has some exploitable matchups there that I’m not sure Purdue has answers for. We’ll see.

1 minute ago, DChoosier said:

Looking forward to Weds game at Minnesota, and continuously hearing how Danny DeVito likes getting wet on Jersey Mike Commercials.

Minnesota is not good but they did beat OSU and have lost three conference games by three or less. Can’t take anything for granted. Need to bring the defense to Minneapolis. 

Agree, but as well as our guys are playing now, first time in a long time I’ve been confident in their focus, I think we’ll be fine, this team is in the zone now

Just now, Demo said:

Yeah, 3 games in the loss column may be too much. But as nasty as he is, you can get work done against Edey. There’s a game plan there. If X is back and near 100% by the W Lafayette game at the of next month, IU has some exploitable matchups there that I’m not sure Purdue has answers for. We’ll see.

Is there not enough talent in the conference to just PnR Edey into oblivion like X and TJD did last year? Did Painter come up with a counter to that? I don’t remember them having anything for some classic high PnR last season. 

I must confess. I like Woody a lot but after Iowa, Northwestern and Penn State consecutive losses I was ready to hang Woody’s head in my den like a 10 point buck. It looked like he totally lost the team, the season and the fans.

Last 3 games were masterful Coach Woodson. Keep it up!