Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Michigan State - Sunday, 1/22/23 @ Noon on CBS

Another much needed win. Really wanna get back to .500 and really get on a role here. I see no scenario where Izzo doesn't double TJD on every touch, even outside the paint. Guards and Geronimo gotta be ready. Gotta keep up the energy and defense from the past two games. Haven't beaten Michigan State since January 23rd, 2023.

33 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He really is. There were a bunch of comments here earlier that it’s clear JHS isn’t a risk to get drafted, not playing like the 5 star he is etc. Well, now he is. His on-ball ability to create is outstanding, it’s next level. The way he broke down Ill’s D repeatedly was just a thing of beauty. This time without X has helped him get his game going, we’re going to be much better for it when Race and hopefully X get back

1 minute ago, HoosierHoopster said:

He really is. There were a bunch of comments here earlier that it’s clear JHS isn’t a risk to get drafted, not playing like the 5 star he is etc. Well, now he is. His on-ball ability to create is outstanding, it’s next level. The way he broke down Ill’s D repeatedly was just a thing of beauty. This time without X has helped him get his game going, we’re going to be much better for it when Race and hopefully X get back

At this point, I think he is a high risk to move on to the NBA. It's not just potential anymore, he is demonstrating his ability. He has the measureables also. Enjoy him while he is here.

7 hours ago, cthomas said:

At this point, I think he is a high risk to move on to the NBA. It's not just potential anymore, he is demonstrating his ability. He has the measureables also. Enjoy him while he is here.

Let’s get everyone healthy and have a special spring to send him out in style.

9 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

they're 5-7 away from home and 2-2 in B1G road games s

You have a typo in here. They can’t have 7 losses on the road with only 6 overall. Also, I think 2-2 is true road games irrespective of conf, because one of those losses was to ND, as hard is that is to believe.  

Michigan State has been about as up and down as we have. 

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I see no scenario where Izzo doesn't double TJD on every touch, even outside the paint. 

100% agree.

Underwood is literally guilty of coaching malfeasance Thursday. I’d be very surprised if TJD is guarded like that in the BT again.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

They're 2-2 in away games and 3-2 on neutral courts.  Are you happy now?  Some of you are really starting to p me off with your constant doublechecking of my typing.  And stay off my lawn!

I was just using this post with my grand son, as a learning moment, of how to properly use They're, you and your.

But "doublechecking" is actually two separate words. At least that is what the grand son told me. He's only 9, so WTF does he know anyway!  he's a punk.

OK, here is the deal.  IU at home against Izzo and his minions.  Game Day!

Got a fire laid in the fireplace.  I'm up to the overflow mark in coffee.  I'm fired up for this.

Hope Shafino and crew get the ball across the half court line easily.  Get the ball into the offense early.  Take care of the rock.  And all defend well.

Watch Izzo change up defenses.  Defend the 3.  Don't get into foul trouble JG.  

Watch TJD handle a crowd of defenders.

IU wins by 7.

And the B1G is not out of the picture at this point.

12 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

And the B1G is not out of the picture at this point.

Yeah I almost made a comment like this. It’s still early, injuries etc. happen to other teams, too. All but one team has three or more B1G losses so far, so even if 1st is a bridge too far, plenty of opportunity for a BTT double-bye.

22 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Yeah I almost made a comment like this. It’s still early, injuries etc. happen to other teams, too. All but one team has three or more B1G losses so far, so even if 1st is a bridge too far, plenty of opportunity for a BTT double-bye.

Feels like it hasn’t been brought up, because Purdue has some good early season wins - but should be noted that 4 of their 7 B1G wins have come against Nebraska and Minnesota. Not saying they aren’t the best team in the conference, but they have played a soft schedule and have two 1-point wins against OSU and MSU. Things could get tight at top real quick.