Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ray

Trayce Jackson-Davis career stats

On 2/19/2023 at 2:06 AM, MikeRoberts said:

Love Woody and Trayce but GOAT is overused. You cannot have one goat to another, it’s not possible 

Greatest of another time?

Yes, GOAT is way over used.

From espn:

"Until now, there hasn't really been a debate: Zach Edey has been the heavy favorite for Wooden Award and consensus National Player of the Year honors. He's still the frontrunner, but after Indiana's win over Illinois on Saturday, Trayce Jackson-Davis has an argument to win Big Ten Player of the Year over Edey, according to the IndyStar's Zach Osterman. By extension, that would put him in a race with Edey for NPOY, too. While I still think Edey is the pick, the fact Jackson-Davis has even made it a conversation is impressive. In conference play, he leads the Big Ten in scoring, rebounding (by one total rebound over Edey) and blocks. He's averaging 24.9 points, 13.3 rebounds, 3.9 assists and 3.2 blocks over his last 10 games. Circle Saturday on your calendar."

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35696001/alabama-stays-no-1-kansas-makes-case-men-college-basketball-power-rankings-2022-23

#1 in points, boards and blocks in the B1G (and with IU having a tougher schedule than PU), and Edey is still considered the favorite? Give me a break.

4 minutes ago, ray said:

Trayce Jackson-Davis’ 2022-2023 season stats:

20.9 pts per game (tied for 15th in D1)

10.8 rebs per game (7th in D1)

4.0 assists per game (tied for 133rd in D1)

2.9 blocks per game (tied for 3rd in D1)

58.1% fg (tied for 26th in D1)

Final career stats in 126 games:

2,258 pts (3rd in IU history)

1,143 rebs (1st in IU history) 

270 blocks (1st in IU history)

271 assists

91 steals

(All that defense, yet he only averaged 1.9 fouls per game)

TJD never made it beyond the round of 32, but it will likely be a very long time before Indiana sees a comparable player wear its uniform for four seasons. It took 28 years for a player to best Alan Henderson on the boards. It took 20 years for a player to best Jeff Newton on the swats.  It had been 23 years since an IU player recorded 2,000 points, and TJD became only the third player to out score Don Schlundt’s 68-year old scoring mark. And I’m not sure when the last time Indiana had a player finish a season as the team leader in pts, rebs, assists, and blocks (and 0.2 away from leading in steals). I’m guessing it’s been awhile.

Here’s to TJD for becoming one of the all-time greats at Indiana University. Sure, we all expected more in the tournament and more from this team, but Trayce should hear nothing but thank you from fans after such a historic career. 

He was incredible.  Despite the lack of top end success he's one of my all time favorite players on and off the court.  Classy guy and provided plenty of highlights and big plays.  This season didn't quite live up to the hype but it's honestly about what I expected.