Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU_FanClub

Betting Thread

I lucked out with Sparty last night. That was a sweat.

Right now IU opens as -4 over the Buckeyes. The IU of the first the games of this 4 game win streak are calling me to hammer it. The team that just escaped Minnesota is wagging its finger at me. I feel much better know Woody is back at the helm, but I have no idea what he’s going to do with the rotation now that Race is back. He loves his upperclassmen, at times to a fault.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That being said, let's share our picks for the day and have some fun with it!

Some would call us degenerates. I prefer statistical sports investors (although sometimes I get a wild hair and make a degenerate-level bet lol).

Friday slates are always slim so I’ll usually hit NBA more. That being said I’m tempted to take New Mexico on the spread. I don’t like double digit spreads, but the Lobos are back home with Air Force coming in for a get right game after throwing one away at Nevada.
NBA I’m taking the over on Scottie Barns PRAs.

I can’t take credit for the NBA pick though. I follow Calling Our Shot on YouTube. He is great and really on his numbers and trends. I would encourage any of you to check him out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

24 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Some would call us degenerates. I prefer statistical sports investors (although sometimes I get a wild hair and make a degenerate-level bet lol).

Friday slates are always slim so I’ll usually hit NBA more. That being said I’m tempted to take New Mexico on the spread. I don’t like double digit spreads, but the Lobos are back home with Air Force coming in for a get right game after throwing one away at Nevada.
NBA I’m taking the over on Scottie Barns PRAs.

I can’t take credit for the NBA pick though. I follow Calling Our Shot on YouTube. He is great and really on his numbers and trends. I would encourage any of you to check him out.

Love New Mexico tonight, 12.5 pts be damned.

hopefully my early tip MAAC parlay  hits so i can hammer the Lobos. Siena +6.5 at home against slick Rick and Marist +2 at home

1 hour ago, johnsoniu said:

hopefully my early tip MAAC parlay  hits so i can hammer the Lobos. Siena +6.5 at home against slick Rick and Marist +2 at home

So much for Marist. But Siena/Iona is a good game

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Great night for the NBA. I’d argue almost no nights are good CBB betting nights lol. 

I haven’t bet on an NBA game since 1996 when I watched Mario Elie (a career 86% FT shooter) brick four consecutive FTs in the last 10 seconds needing only a point for the over. 

now granted, I’ve witnessed many more sketchy moments over the years in many sports, but that one chaffed my rear lol

33 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

I haven’t bet on an NBA game since 1996 when I watched Mario Elie (a career 86% FT shooter) brick four consecutive FTs in the last 10 seconds needing only a point for the over. 

now granted, I’ve witnessed many more sketchy moments over the years in many sports, but that one chaffed my rear lol

Oh, I stay FAR away from NBA spreads and totals. That stuff gets sketchy in a hurry. Especially after watching the Donaghy doc lol. 

I’m really into parlaying 3-5 props right now and getting odds just above or below even. 

Oh, I stay FAR away from NBA spreads and totals. That stuff gets sketchy in a hurry. Especially after watching the Donaghy doc lol. 
I’m really into parlaying 3-5 props right now and getting odds just above or below even. 

Agreed. Spreads and totals are complete dookie fests.

Player props are the way to go no doubt.

As far as the high probability parlays that’s exactly what I’m doing right now. I’m following a 10-day ladder challenge with that strategy; turn $10 into $10k in 10 days. Day three in the bank.

They came out hot as expected. On high pregame spreads I normally go live on those to see if I can get a lower one but the beginning of the game saw the spreads balloon as high as -18.5. I was surprised when I checked back late in the second half to see Air Force with a 63-62 lead.

8 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Agreed. Spreads and totals are complete dookie fests.

Player props are the way to go no doubt.

As far as the high probability parlays that’s exactly what I’m doing right now. I’m following a 10-day ladder challenge with that strategy; turn $10 into $10k in 10 days. Day three in the bank.

I’m on a similar ladder but I think we’re on Day 5. If we get to 7 or 8 I’m going to have trouble putting it all back in lol. Already had some touch and go moments. 

I’m on a similar ladder but I think we’re on Day 5. If we get to 7 or 8 I’m going to have trouble putting it all back in lol. Already had some touch and go moments. 

Same here lol. Good luck with your ladder!!

What’s anyone got going in the way of high confidence today?

10 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Same here lol. Good luck with your ladder!!

What’s anyone got going in the way of high confidence today?

High confidence? LOL. Here’s what I’m on so far, with no confidence at all attached:

Wisconsin ML +110 

Kansas ML (DraftKings doing a 75% boost on any bet for this game)

TCU -2.5

Tennessee -5.5

K-State -5

All sure to go wrong.

High confidence? LOL. Here’s what I’m on so far, with no confidence at all attached:
Wisconsin ML +110 
Kansas ML (DraftKings doing a 75% boost on any bet for this game)
TCU -2.5
Tennessee -5.5
K-State -5
All sure to go wrong.

I was looking at Tennessee and K State on the spread as well.

Now I’ve guaranteed they go wrong.