Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana at Illinois Thu 1/19/23 8:30pm FS1

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

That’s college basketball for you.   UConn was the best team in college basketball in my opinion a couple weeks ago.   Now they are 4-5 in their own conference.    Emotional roller coaster of fandom I would guess if people had them never winning another game this year and now some saying they are going to win 6 in a row.   Seems like a natural flow of a message board to me 

So you're saying...

giphy.gif

Excuses from the IllinoisLoyalty board:

"if we make have the shots we missed, it would have been a different game."

"Mayer was sick."

Tired legs from playing '6 games in 12 days' (it's actually 5 games) made their free throws come up short.

IU was fouling them on every drive and the refs can't call them all.

The Illini are just young right now.

IU's 62% from the field really wasn't that impressive from where they took their shots.

"If they Illini had hit three or four more of their layups and made half the free throws they missed, it would have been a different game."

And my favorite:

"How long do you have to get the ball to the out of bounds line to start using your 5 seconds to get it in? When Illinois got on a roll, TJD started walking down the floor with the ball after an IL make, then finally got back under the basket, then the refs stop play for them to get ready. That play was 9 seconds. The next Illinois basket, it was a full 10 seconds before they ever started the 5 second count."

This was really strange. The bench was genuinely baffled at why they got the tech. They were talking about it for a while after it happened and it looked like the assistants were all telling Woody that whatever was said, it wasn't toward an official of Illinois players.
It's also strange because the EXACT same thing happened at the ISU Bradley game on Thursday. Ref wanders into the Bradley huddle during a timeout (which is not allowed), the Bradley coach kindly told him to f*** off, and the ref slapped him with a T.
Yeah, that tech on Bradley was odd as was the call last night on iu.

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

19 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

The "press break" against Iowa begs to differ. We attempted to beat it the same damn way the entire game without ever getting someone in the middle and attacking after beating the front 3. That was god awful to watch for the majority of that game.

Exactly. We look like a deer in the headlights when we get pressed. Hope Woody is fixing that over the next few days.

Conversly, we don’t have a good smothering press like teams throw on us. Hope Woody is working on that, too.

Go HOOSIERS! Beat Sparty!

Exactly.
While certainly theoretically possible, it was completely out of place to think we’d be 1-7.
I know you’re rooting hard for IU, but that overwhelmingly negative assumption was a bad take IMO. I disagreed then and my opinion hasn’t changed. That's okay - the board is a place to throw out hot takes and have others push back at them.
BTW, I'm also not a fan of the hot takes that assume because we're currently playing great we won't lay an egg occasionally.
Exactly my take. I take hot takes either way as an emotional outburst

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

people are losing sleep over a regular season roadie against Ill.

Believe I’m “people,” and to be clear I’m losing sleep win or lose! Every night game! The question is simply whether it’s because I’m disappointed and feel bad the next day, or elated and feel great. Not healthy I’m sure.

40 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Believe I’m “people,” and to be clear I’m losing sleep win or lose! Every night game! The question is simply whether it’s because I’m disappointed and feel bad the next day, or elated and feel great. Not healthy I’m sure.

I just get a laugh from the cope and generalizations.

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

But when you act this way it comes across as you know more than other posters. Especially when you mention E or I stuff every game 

Yeah and he's the only one who posts as though he knows more than others.  You certainly don't, right?

This whole damn internet does.

7 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

But I believe @Chris007 does know more than others :)

About some things sure.  And others know more than he does about other topics.  I just found the irony of the statement to be ironic

15 hours ago, Whoozhers said:

Exactly. We look like a deer in the headlights when we get pressed. Hope Woody is fixing that over the next few days.

Conversly, we don’t have a good smothering press like teams throw on us. Hope Woody is working on that, too.

Go HOOSIERS! Beat Sparty!

Why would we need to change anything defensively after the last two games? 

It was a gift, and mostly because of our offense, that ILL made it past 55. We don't need a "press", we don't have the need or the personnel.. neither Iowa nor ILL actually pressed us, they 3/4 to 1/2 half court trapped. 

Shocking we didn't handle those situations the best when our starting point guard/one man press break is out. 

41 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

He works in the Department of Redundancy Department.

Firesign Theater salutes you...while holding the dwarf with the pliers.

Bringing the subject back to an IU win on the road in the B1G...has everyone noticed the huge steps that IU and Coach Woody have taken in the last few games?